losig inches not lbs

Options
Since about mid July this year, I have lost 16 lbs. Last week it was 18. Some how I have gained back 2lbs but lost a 1/2 inch in my hips and a full inch in my waist. Is this normal??? Depending on how I am feeling, I either exercise 4 days in a row OR every other day (and no less) I can't go 2 days straight w/out getting in some type of cardio. My eating habits have changed dramatically!!! I no longer over load the plate at dinner. I have switched to the salad plate. I eat one plate and leave it at that. I eat at least 3 times per day in moderation. I am feeling like I am at a stand still. I haven't lost in 2-3 weeks (weight). Can anyone offer me any suggestions or give me a few pointers?? The frustration is getting to me and I am true need of support and advice. Thanks everyone in advance!!!!

278680.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

Replies

• iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    That's pretty normal.

I once went three weeks w/o losing anything, but lost two inches off the waist. Then the next week I lost 6 lbs!

My Dad who is on WW, gained 4 lbs one week, and lost 8 the next.

Human bodies are like that.

From the context of your post, you're not counting you calories and logging your food. This was a huge eye opener for me, and helped accellerate the weight loss. You will at least have a better understanding of where you stand calorie wise.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Since about mid July this year, I have lost 16 lbs. Last week it was 18. Some how I have gained back 2lbs but lost a 1/2 inch in my hips and a full inch in my waist. Is this normal??? Depending on how I am feeling, I either exercise 4 days in a row OR every other day (and no less) I can't go 2 days straight w/out getting in some type of cardio. My eating habits have changed dramatically!!! I no longer over load the plate at dinner. I have switched to the salad plate. I eat one plate and leave it at that. I eat at least 3 times per day in moderation. I am feeling like I am at a stand still. I haven't lost in 2-3 weeks (weight). Can anyone offer me any suggestions or give me a few pointers?? The frustration is getting to me and I am true need of support and advice. Thanks everyone in advance!!!!
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one. I'm in the same boat as you. I gained 2lbs this week also. Yes, I'm also frustrated at this very moment too.
  • jnsangel33
    Options
    That's pretty normal.

I once went three weeks w/o losing anything, but lost two inches off the waist. Then the next week I lost 6 lbs!

My Dad who is on WW, gained 4 lbs one week, and lost 8 the next.

Human bodies are like that.

From the context of your post, you're not counting you calories and logging your food. This was a huge eye opener for me, and helped accellerate the weight loss. You will at least have a better understanding of where you stand calorie wise.

Oh yes. I log my food regularly and my exercise. My calorie allowance is 1200. Often I don't meet the 1200 and I get a "not enough calories" warning. My problem is my fat content, I think. I often go over. Not always by much, but I do go over from time to time. I am burning at least 300 each workout. I don't know why I am not seeing the lbs fall. It seems that when i was counting points and not working out, the weight was falling off!! GRRR!!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Calorie zig zag...

Monday 1200 calories
    Tues. 1500 calories
    Wed. 1200 calories
    Thurs. 1600 calories
    Friday 1200 calories
    Sat. 1400 calories
    Sun. 1700 calories

Try it.. you might not be eating enough cals a day.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Weight and fat are two very different things. If you are seeing a decrease in inches than you are toning your body and reducing fat. That is what is important, not necessarily your weight. Muscle is much more dense than fat. Are you doing any weight training?

Also, you should be hitting your 1200 every day and have you tried eating some of the extra 300 cals you are burning?

One last point when you were just counting and not working out were you bigger than you are now? As you lose weight the rate of weightloss will slow down. And of course when you weren't exercising you weren't building muscle :flowerforyou:
  • jnsangel33
    Options
    Calorie zig zag...

Monday 1200 calories
    Tues. 1500 calories
    Wed. 1200 calories
    Thurs. 1600 calories
    Friday 1200 calories
    Sat. 1400 calories
    Sun. 1700 calories

Try it.. you might not be eating enough cals a day.

This is really really good advice!! Thanks. When I first started this, I thought that 1200 was the most I was allowed to have and really (not trying) would only do about 900 thinking I was doing myself a really good deed. I found that I should be EATING the full 1200 calories. I don't really try to eat what I have burned because it has always felt like I was defeating the purpose. I will try changing up my calories and see how that goes. Thank you!

278680.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jnsangel33
    Options
    Weight and fat are two very different things. If you are seeing a decrease in inches than you are toning your body and reducing fat. That is what is important, not necessarily your weight. Muscle is much more dense than fat. Are you doing any weight training?

Also, you should be hitting your 1200 every day and have you tried eating some of the extra 300 cals you are burning?

One last point when you were just counting and not working out were you bigger than you are now? As you lose weight the rate of weightloss will slow down. And of course when you weren't exercising you weren't building muscle :flowerforyou:

Very Very good points! I am working out now as I was not then, so true....I wasn't gaining muscle. I am doing cardio but not weight training. I actually just heard something today that with cardio, your metabolism slows down almost immediately after your done, but weight training, you burn the fat for a much longer period of time after your workout is over. Do you know how true this is???? Something I should really look into.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Very Very good points! I am working out now as I was not then, so true....I wasn't gaining muscle. I am doing cardio but not weight training. I actually just heard something today that with cardio, your metabolism slows down almost immediately after your done, but weight training, you burn the fat for a much longer period of time after your workout is over. Do you know how true this is???? Something I should really look into.

Very true. Weight training keeps burning after you have finished the workout.

I've had many weeks where i gained 1-2 lbs one week and lost 2-3 the next week and then repeat.
    Always feels nice when you go into a new hole on a belt though, or have to make more holes for the belt .:laugh: Losing inches is good.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad- I have lost a few pounds but lots and lots of inches.

I am still pushing hard for the scale to move. But I can't gauge my success on the scale it has to be by my fat percentage which I am getting my fat pinched again on Tuesday to let me know if I am making progress but besides that buying smaller clothes is my guide as well.

Don't get discouraged keep pushing along at least your making progress
  • Sharpoe
    Sharpoe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea