New to fitnesspal

Options
To the veterans of fitnesspal: What do you like the best about myfitnesspal? I would appreciate some good tips in using this program. What works best for you?

Replies

• babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I like everything about MFP! The support and motivation of the people on here is amazing! There is sooo many people that are inspiring with u see the amount of weight they have lost on this site Also keeping a diary and I have mine open to the public keeps me accountable. The list goes on....
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    To the veterans of fitnesspal: What do you like the best about myfitnesspal? I would appreciate some good tips in using this program. What works best for you?

Great food database and helpful forum with lots of knowledgeable members as long as you are willing to listen to the feedback if you ask for it.
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options

Great food database and helpful forum with lots of knowledgeable members as long as you are willing to listen to the feedback if you ask for it.

Agreed! This website has so much valuable information about fitness from wonderful people that are there to motivate and support you. Plus, I like that you have a sense of accountability on this website (i.e. you know if you ate too much or need to exercise more).
  • mscarr51
    mscarr51 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    looking for much help also:blushing:
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    the people... sure a few can be jerks... a lot really, but their are those who really want to help you on your journey. They make the others seem to be grains of sand, nothing more
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    i would say the best thing about this site is the people and the information. There are a lot of people here that have the same goal as everyone else who are willing to help. there are also people that have completed their goal who stay on to help others reach theirs. That is what I like about this site.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

This^^^^
    Lot's of good peeps on here. None on my FL know me from Adam.
    But they take the time, "which I know is valuable", and help me out.
    So APPRECIATED!!!!
  • Crumleygirl
    Crumleygirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My favorite part is the app. I can access it on my phone and log my food whenever wherever. There's great support and it shows you how much water you drink and you can add categories for calorie free drinks too.
  • bjforsythe1
    Options
    Hi I am new looking to lose about 50 lbs. I gained a lot during pregnancy and have been sitting around for 3 months. I find it hard to figure out exercise with the baby. Any suggestions? I need help with motivation!
  • Crumleygirl
    Crumleygirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    A lot of moms on here do stroller walks. I believe it's actually in the cardio section too
  • beraggled
    beraggled Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When my kids were little i use to put them in a pram and go walking.Makes it easier and they sleep while you walking.Once i got fitter i use to start running alittle.Walk a power pole and then run.Not so daunting as running all the time.