How i lost 25 pounds in a month....

Options
I will give a brief summary of how i did loose the weight...now i am not saying that it is wise or even smart..but i did eat twice a day everyday and most of the time normally three times a day...But you got to understand i am not a morning person..my day normally does not start till about 1 o clock in the afternoon sometimes...so i will get up and eat a small breakfast...like 2 eggs and 2 slices of bread..or 1 cup of cereal and a half a cup of milk. My skim milk has a lot of sugar in it..and so does cereal..so i keep this to a limit very carefully. Then for dinner.. if i am having just spagetti i will eat 2 cups of it with a piece of plain bread. . if i am having potatoes and meat with veg..i will eat the 6 to 9 ounces of meat,..not normally measured just by estimate..but its small..and a cup of potatoes and a cup and a half of vegetables..for snacks i dont stay completely away from the sugar...but i really need to work on this i try to eat either a can of lightly sweetend pears or unsweetend applesauce or fat free sugar free ice cream and or a snickers candy bar fun size sometimes two..an ice pop not both. or a bag of popcorn i really limit my sugars to 46 per day...it really affects the rest of my meal...because i try not to go over it..normally i do a little bit...but you got to understand i am not perfect this is just a example of a good day..if cake comes in the house or something good...i will normally eat a small piece...of it..i don't deny myself of eating..but i do eat a lot less than what i use to ...my calories normally range from 1200 to 1500 calories a day this is about normal for me..on bad days i tend to go to about 2000 calories or sometimes over..but i am not a dr and i am not saying this is a perfect way to do it..you can always look at my diet and see where i am at...if you have questions..please feel free to ask..but for me its working..and i am not hungry and i am not starving myself..i am eating when i get hungry..i dont focus it as a diet..i just write stuff down..so i know where i am at..and know how much sugar i am eating. if i get hungry around four o clock in the morning i will eat about 2 and a half cups of fresh cabbage..or some other fresh veg or popcorn or something light..

now on exercise days i do tend to eat some more because i get hungry..i have not been exercising for the last two weeks but i am going to start picking it back up.. I am not totally going without eating..i just quit eating all the time around the clock and i avoid -pop..sugar candy and most of the time fruit juice...because its full of sugar..most of the time i just drink plain o tap water..the drink of heaven...lol..but i hope this helps and hurts anyones feelings..I am not out to worry about how other people think about me or how i am dieting...this is my diet..and i am doing it the way i know is right for me...it may not be right for others but its working..you got to understand where i am comming from...I started at 435 exactly 30 days ago..and i am down to 410... befiore i would 24 hours a day..i would not give my stomach a chance to be hungry at all...i would eat all kinds of junk...which i still do in moderation i still eat fried pototoes and mac and cheese homemade..pasta salad..just high fatening foods but in moderation..like i said before i dont believe in taking everything out of your day..just cut back..i am poor..i live on food stamps and food bank i dont know what i will get to eat from day to day..but we got plenty of food..its just not always healthy..but anybody can eat right..even if you dont have the healthiest foods in the house..i don't believe in drs and nutrionists ways of dieting...Its not true to just eat 1200 calories a day in diet food..its not true..you will starve yourself..and i dont believe in dieting cut back..i know i am rambling but i am not good at expressing my self..i should be because i am a college graduate ten years ago..with a social work degree...which i never used..or got a license. to do it.

Guys do your best dont give up...dont deny yourself of food just eat it in moderation...and know your limits..if it is a really bad thing that you crave and cant control dont eat it...bad idea...i dont eat candy anymore..because that was my biggest fall...i would eat bag after bag of it everyday..with peanut butter and jelly sandwitchs on thick white amish bread two of fhem with two bags of pop corn extra butter big bags. with all the candy i wanted...and that was just a midnight snack..for breakfast i would eat about 6 cups of cereal and 4 cups of whole milk..with a big dinner and go back for dinner..i mean my plate looked like a thankgiving feast everyday..then go back for seconds most of the time...i have come very far in a short time...i am feeling great and i am not slleeping all the time..i am not depresed and i am bipolar but i am not gaining the weight with the medicine like i was before..i hope this is a little bit of encourgment that it is possible...just go after it...if you want it bad enough...i know alot of people dont relaly go in detail about how they loose the weight, i just wanted to be an example..i would always appreciate others advice dont mean i will always take it..but i will listen..If anyone needs any support or wants to be friends feel free to ask..i always accept friends until i get hurt then i will block you...but that has not happenend yet..and i dont plan blocking people if i dont have to. well i will talk to ya later christy

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Great job! 25lbs in a month is amazing!!
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    25 pounds is a lot!! Just remember and this is nothing against anyone who is overweight/obese, but it is very easy loss at first due to water retention loss, and once you get closer and closer to being fit it gets harder. This is why I see so many people lose a ton right away and get so excited then almost come to a halt, and they just quit. It's really a long path to the results you want, and pushing through it is the only way.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Great job! Every journey starts with the first step and you have made that step (maybe the first few!). You're right in that you have to do what works for you...and as you move through your journey you will make changes to what you're doing now I'm sure. :)
  • mkissa2
    mkissa2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! There is no question that what you are doing is working.

I did as you invited and looked at your food journal... and you are cutting down your portion sizes from what you said you were eating before you started this journal, but I really think that you should try to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet.

I think that you will find that this is way easier to do once you start exercising more too. I find that on days that I work out I really try to fuel my body with things that will make it easier to function. Bananas/Potassium to ease sore muscles and things like that.

Just my input, take it or leave it. I definitely have faults on my food journal, so I may not be the best person to give advice.
  • ajoyfulspirit
    ajoyfulspirit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring story. Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • plumeaux
    plumeaux Posts: 12
    Options
    Great job Christy! Thanks for putting yourself out there.Good luck on your weightloss and like you tell us all in your post......DON'T GIVE UP! You're on the right path!
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started out at 372 and I completely identify with your story. I try to explain to people that I never allowed myself to be hungry. I would wake up, eat until I was over-full to the point where I was uncomfortable. Then as the discomfort went away I would eat again. I don't remember the last time I had been truly hungry! I would eat a big breakfast at 7am, then another full one at 10am, then a greasy lunch at 2pm, then a full dinner at 6pm, and then around 9pm I would start the snacking. Sometimes I would get 2 cartons of cookies from the grocery store bakery or if I was broke I would go for 2 boxes of Little Debbies all the while guzzling milk or pop. I recently went bake and counted the calories I consumed in a normal day before the start of this year and it was over 7000!!!! I went to bed in pain almost every night! It got to the point where I couldn't do my job, I couldn't play with my son, I couldn't even tie my own shoes. I remember one day realizing that it was either give up and become one of those shut-ins you see on talk shows who are too embarassed to be in public so they sit at home and just get bigger and bigger, or get off my *kitten*... literally!

I had prayed for years for change. I wanted to be healthy but I didn't want to stop doing what I was doing. For me it was about control and pleasure. I may not have been able to control life, but I could control food. I may not have been able to find people to make me happy, but I could find food that would! What a lot of people don't realize on this site is that for really big girls like us, food is not the issue. For us, food is not the enemy. We are. I love you sister! I am praying for you! You have touched my heart and I want you to know that you can feel free to message me whenever you need. Don't let the skinny people who are trying to get skinnier get you down (no offense to anyone intended, it's just that to us 300+ people, under 200 sounds pretty freakin' fantastic!). You are doing an amazing job!

I promise that as you go on, eating better and better and slowly introducing exercise into your routine, you will find that your wants will change. As you start to see progress, you'll think, "I wonder what else I can do?" I started out saying I would never exercise. Then as I lost weight from diet I decided to go for a bike ride, after a month of enjoying riding I decided to walk a little, then I decided to buy a workout dvd, as of this point after losing almost 70lbs I do p90 6 days a week, ride my bike for an hour or so everyday, and I'm looking forward to starting water arobics this weekend! I'm sure just the fact that you are controlling what you eat is not only blowing your own mind, but also proving to yourself that you are much more capable of making good choices than you ever thought before!

Thank you for sharing your story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!