I'm depressed...

Options
Im depressed and i just want to eat......I want big juicy biggers with 4 large fries followed up witha 20piece mcnugget along with a coke.......id even settle for anything fried right now....ugh :cry:

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    when i get like this i remind myself that having those fries and mcnuggets will only make my butt bigger, my depression worse and my goal even further away.. Don't give in to those darn fast food
  • neclark18
    Options
    look for something else that makes you happy :) endulge in something thats good for you. or maybe set aside one meal once a week to treat yourself. just keep track of it so you can work it off :)
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    food only makes me happy when im upset......otherwise the cravings are usually at bay....i dont mind indulging in a big meal every once in a while.....but tonight i just feel like total crap and want to eat eat eat and eat away all my worries, but ty all for the kind words and advice
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    a mcnugget has over 30 ingerdients ewwww... one time while driving through south carolina with my sister, we saw a sign at mcdonalds for a 50pc chicken nugget meal... just 12.99 LOL BARF!!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Have some tomato soup with celery (for crunch)
    Call a friend and vent
    Beat the crap out of inanimate object. (pillow fight)
    Watch a comedy movie. Everyone should have a favorite comedy movie.
    Hope you feel better.:flowerforyou:
  • rochelle971
    rochelle971 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry.... depression sucks! Try, and I know it's hard, but try to focus on the good things in your life. If you need to have something fried or sweet (go ahead) but be good to yourself - don't over-do-it. Sometimes you just have to do what you've got to do in order to cope. Just know that tomorrow will come and it will be a better day.........

270514.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Work out or go for a run! It'll release endorphins that make you feel better.. and then you won't want to ruin your workout by eating bad food. I have many depressing days.. my bf is deployed and I'm jobless and back in school. Did I mention that we're trying to buy a house and now I've got the added stress of feeling like I have to get one before the 8000 tax credit is gone... so then I'm like ok do I REALLY like this house and will my bf also like the house I choose?! And most we're looking at are repo's that need work which is totally fine I've seen the transformations many times.. but it's really hard to buy something I'm not totally in love with, but just like at the time and hoping my feelings will change once we finish the work. UGH!
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Try some lite microwave popcorn. The buttery crunchy taste may replace the craving for something fried.

Call someone and vent......someone who will just let you rant uncontrollably.

Don't keep tempting foods in the house. I will tear the cabinets apart looking for something to munch on but I won't get in the car and drive somewhere to get it.

Keep a bag of sugar free hard candy for emergency cravings. Hard candy lasts longer so you won't be tempted to gobble down the whole bag. I usually get 2 out of the bag but sometimes, by the time I've finished the first one, I don't even want the second. The craving has been satisfied.

Get on the computer and burn those keys up. We will all be here to listen and offer support.

Good luck.
  • ascii75
    ascii75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try baking some nuggets and fries/tots in the oven. They won't be AS BAD as if they were fried, but it might just curb the "fried" food craving.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If you have the kind of craving that only McD's is going to satisfy, then maybe consider having McD's...if you think you can get by without it, fix yourself a snack and watch some TV. :flowerforyou:
  • Sharpoe
    Sharpoe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I sure know how you feel, sometimes I feel like I am going to pull my hair out if I dont get it....I understand !

111672.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    If you have the kind of craving that only McD's is going to satisfy, then maybe consider having McD's...if you think you can get by without it, fix yourself a snack and watch some TV. :flowerforyou:

BrendaLee I love your sig! (sorry just had to say) I think this a lot actually.."if only I would have stuck it out, i'd be at my goal weight now, not just starting" I will NOT say this another year!!!

As far as your depression, I'm sorry, I feel your pain. Probably most of us do.. If you have a craving for something like chicken nuggets, go for a 4 piece! It's still that fried food but you aren't eating a HUGE serving, just enough to get you through your craving. Or you could try and walk it out or punch it out! :drinker:
  • silencer
    Options
    Seek out a Naturopath as you have to have him/her help you balance your blood sugar which is triggering the cravings.
  • silencer
    Options
    As I said on my other post, balancing the blood sugar level is the key.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    As I have said to you before Girl, you need to seek out the reasons why you become depressed. I mean the real, underlying reasons, not the trigger that caused you to be depressed. Maybe it's past history, repressed memory, or a chemical imbalance. We can't really help there besides saying, you'll never beat the cravings until you deal with the underlying problems. I know you've said before that you've been to psychiatrists and you can't open up to them. Well, you need to find the right one, because without solving the underlying issues, you'll never be able to come to terms with your eating.

I know this sounds difficult, but lets face it, some things in life are hard. We want the best for you, and personally I feel like my above advice is the best thing you can do. Don't let yourself give up, keep looking. Set aside your fear of opening up, find someone you can talk to, someone with training that can dig deep and find your real problems. Once you solve the problems, you'll most likely solve your desire to eat when you are unhappy.

That's MHO anyway.

best luck to you.

-Banks
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    ty all so very much for the support :flowerforyou: I ended up eating a string cheese while watching my boyfriend eat a delicious smelling calzzone.....:grumble: :laugh: but then i went to bed..........

SHboss I'm usually pretty good about controlling my emotions its just this week I had to say goodbye to a special person to me once again......and its just been hard.....:ohwell: but thank u all for the advice and love :flowerforyou: