discouraged =(

Options
So I upped my calories and I've maintained my weight....and all of a sudden I gained 2 lbs overnight and then an additional pound the next day...im not really sure what is going on. I did eat a little more than usual the night before I gained the 2 lbs but I dont understand why it keeps going up by large increments.

Replies

• I know it's discouraging to see the number go up in general, no matter what reason, but it's really not possible to gain a pound in a day as far as I know. A pound is 3500 calories, so unless you consumed that much extra, it's probably just water weight or some other type of fluctuation.
  • debjane52
    debjane52 Posts: 3
    Options
    Your weight will go up and down daily, which is why they suggest you weigh yourself only once a week or so. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat. Take your measurements and see if they change over the next few weeks to also track your progress. It can get frustrating but in the end you will feel better. Keep going forward and the best of luck to you. Deb
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how long it's been since you upped your calories so I might be off base. I used to eat 1200 calories/ day... then I realized that I couldn't live like that for the rest of my life. After I upped my calories I saw an increase on the scale for the first two weeks... so I stopped looking at the scale and decided to give it a month (I was really freaked that I woud gain 5 pounds and not know it). Long story short, after the month was up it turned out that I had lost 4 pounds. If it hasn't been that long I would give it time. :-)
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    The intestines can hold a lot of food; many pounds. I gained 7 lbs over a weekend from heavy eating, and then lost it all over the next 2 days after a few poops, then continued my weight loss as the week and month progressed.

We can hold onto water too, especially when under stress.

I wouldn't worry about, just keep making good food choices now and in the future.
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The intestines can hold a lot of food; many pounds. I gained 7 lbs over a weekend from heavy eating, and then lost it all over the next 2 days after a few poops, then continued my weight loss as the week and month progressed.

We can hold onto water too, especially when under stress.

I wouldn't worry about, just keep making good food choices now and in the future.

This makes sense! Now that you mentioned it, I haven't had a decent poop in 3 days. Thanks everyone I feel alot better about everything now. I just have to keep reminding myself to love my body no matter what =)