Hello, anyone else for 20 pounds?

Options
Hi. I've used the calorie counting feature of this site before, and it was very helpful. I am going to loose 20 pounds, hopefully by the end of summer. I do not want another fall/winter of having too tight of jeans! Most people plan for their "get ready for Summer diet", I'm planning on my "get ready for Fall diet"!

Anyone else wanting to be wearing a couple of sizes smaller when long pants replace the upcoming summer shorts?

Replies

• jennlhann
    jennlhann Posts: 2
    Options
    I've got about 20 pounds left after losing nearly 50. Problem is, I've lost the discipline I once had when it came to my eating. I think it was because I plateaued and got discouraged...
  • WillPowerYes
    WillPowerYes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi, well, if you are up for making a blast-away at that 20, we could maybe start anew together, and others might join in too. I've not figured out this site yet, but there's gotta be a way to form either a thread or group of us similar folks.
  • skinnyminnay
    Options
    I'm in to lose 20 lbs! thats actually my goal loss.
  • Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You folks can add me if your looking for positive support and encouragement with a pinch of humor :)

My diary is always open.

Pete
  • OoskieSoon
    OoskieSoon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm willing! Count me in!
  • sgxh
    sgxh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me, me! Count me in! :D
  • Jonnelle06
    Jonnelle06 Posts: 53
    Options
    hey I also need to lose twenty pounds as well add me if you like
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I've got that much to go.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I've got about 20 pounds left after losing nearly 50. Problem is, I've lost the discipline I once had when it came to my eating. I think it was because I plateaued and got discouraged...
    This is pretty much my story as well! I actually gained back 20 pounds from where I was okay with my weight. Stinks!
  • xtinamarie22
    Options
    add me hunni
  • WillPowerYes
    WillPowerYes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey, fantastic, I know we can help each other.

Do you all do the daily food tracking? I'm thinking to do it EVERY day for accountability to myself.

Is there an option to make the food tracking "private" or "open"? Any comments on why to choose one way over the other? Forgive my newbie questions, I've not been on here for a couple of years and have not relearned the different options/tools yet.
  • HeatherPH
    HeatherPH Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm actually after 28, but I'd be happy with 20!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm about 55 pounds away from my goal, but i WILL be losing another 25 pounds by my birthday at the end of august.

feel free to add me
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    I want to lose 20 pounds overall :) Maybe more, don't know but that's my goal for now
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I ultimately want to loose about 20 - I'm doing it in two stages though - 10 then 10...please add me always looking for extra support, people to talk to etc!
  • insightdean
    insightdean Posts: 19
    Options
    I am 20 pounds away from my goal. I am on the one pound a week plan so in 20 weeks I should reach it. June 1 to October 1. I have set my actual goal date as October 30 but reaching it prior and maintaining will be great. With respect to "sizes" that is about 2 sizes down.
  • sgxh
    sgxh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey, fantastic, I know we can help each other.

Do you all do the daily food tracking? I'm thinking to do it EVERY day for accountability to myself.

Is there an option to make the food tracking "private" or "open"? Any comments on why to choose one way over the other? Forgive my newbie questions, I've not been on here for a couple of years and have not relearned the different options/tools yet.
    I'm doing daily food tracking! Like what you have mentioned, i do it everyday for accountability to myself :)

As what you have entered is logged into your Diary, you can choose if you would like to make your Diary: Private, Public, Friends Only or Locked with a key. You can choose these settings through My Home> Settings> Diary Settings and it's all the way at the bottom!

Personally, i use Friends only but i've been thinking if i should change it over to Public as imo, i feel that if i were to change it over to Public, anyone will be able to see my diary and it'll make me feel like people are watching what i put into my mouth therefore i must choose the right choices! Sounds silly but that's how i feel, heehee :blushing:
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    Hey, I'm in!! Add me!! =)
  • glowey
    glowey Posts: 1
    Options
    20 pounds is my goal, Im new to this so it would be nice to have some else aiming for the same.
  • ekari
    ekari Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes!!Need to lose 22pounds (around 10kg).
    Gained it after having 3kids n eating un-healthy Snacks and drinking lots of whole milk Tea with lots of Sugar(3tsp)per cup...Yes!! and I would normally drink 6-8 cups aday. My Tummyis here to prove that.
    Well, I stopped all this 1month ago(Just have 1cup of semi-skimmed milk with Stevia to sweeten) and thought I would lose weight.....which I didn't.
    I hate exercise's,(too bored to do it) but I don't mind jogging for 2miles twice a week . I got no support from my family. So at times I Jog once a week or not at all. My Husband Thinks I don't need to lose any weight, n he will not let me go jogging. He says many people would kill to be my size n weight.
    Yesterday, I got a great surprise to see that I have lost 2 pounds..I was so excited n I exercised for 30min today...But I don't like to fill it in my Exercise Diary coz I have to eat those extra calories AGAIN!!..Soan apple is just what I eat.(love them apples).
    I Don't know why am writting all this, but I feel better now. (Venting I guess)

Someone might ask "Do you really want to lose 22pounds?" my ans is.... Yes I do.
    Ekari.