Stressed about weightloss- pressure. Please help

Options
I'm getting myself so stressed out because I'm
Not losing weight. Everything says I should be. Body media fit says tdee is around 2000 every day so I've been eating 1500 for a pound loss. With no loss in 6-8 weeks, my will power is waning!
So.... To stop stressing I am
Going to stop
Using my arm band for few weeks. Taken the average number from
My tdees for last week x -15% which is 1750.
Is tdee - 15% correct? It does mean I'm along the lines of 1/2 lb a week loss but with only few pounds to go, mayb this is best.
I'm going to go to the gym or exercise 3 times a week without putting pressure on myself if Im too tired (which I'm really struggling with! Could sleep at any time in the day)
Going to enjoy food.
Can anyone reasssure me or correct the above if Its wrong - about tdee etc?
Thank you

Replies

• MSxJENNY
    MSxJENNY Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm curious... What are you eating? Try cutting out sugars & have a low carb with lean protein. No fruits. Just veggies & protein.. if you try this you WILL lose weight. & try doing interval cardio. & drink AT LEAST a gallon of water a day.

Weight loss is based on 30% exercise & 70% diet.

Hope this helps :)
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    following my bodymedia didnt work for me, i only maintained (i had a 250-500 cal deficit). once i dropped my cals back down to my bmr, i started losing again.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    toshie,

jennguyen13 made a good comment about your protein intake...Increase it (I have not looked at your diary). I was tired until I increased my to 100 grams or so each day...then I felt satisfied and energetic. And I lost weight last week...yeah!

:)MinMin
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    If you opened up your food diary, we might be able to give you more constructive advice. All I'd say is knock out the processed carbs... breads, rice, and pasta, and stick with "carbs that come naturally". You gotta have some in order to keep your energy going for activities.
  • toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I eat high protein - macros set to 35%. Which is about 120g a day.
    I eat brown rice, brown bread or pasta. No White carbs. I do still have a few cans diet fizzy drink a week and a bag of maltesers maybe twice a week but it never stopped my loss before.
    My typical day is skinny latte takeaway,
    Cheerios x skimmed milk
    Fuller for longer flat bread or count on us Mxs sandwich on brown.
    Yoghurt at 3ish
    Cereal bar at 6:30 before gym
    Protein drink post gym most days
    Marinated chicken, salad, brown rice and small amount of reduced fat salad creme.
    Might have a square of choc or Ww yog for something sweet.

Do you recommend not doing tdee - 15%?
    My bmr is probably about 1400 which is close to what I was eating with my 500 cal defecit off my tdee.

I don't understand why body media fit doesn't work. Meant to be 90-95% accurate. Can't get more accurate and even with room
    For error it would still give a loss.

So do I go to 1700 cals a day (tdee-15% and don't eat exercise)
    or brm 1400 but that's what I've basically been doing
    Or 1200 as recommended on mfp?
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    What is your current weight and goal weight? Your ticket show u have under 4 pounds until goal. If u r already at a low body fat percentage the weight will most likely be very hard to get off. I would up cardio (maybe burn an extra 200-300)and keep calorie intake at about 1500.
  • toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Currently 123lb. Wanted to get to 117 but can't see it happening now. Apparently my bf is 27 % which is what my gym lady said when I stood on scales which means I have scope to lose plenty. My height is 5.3"
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    That bf % seems quite high for someone of your height and weight, I don't think that's accurate unless u r a small frame? As I said, up cardio. Even lower calories a bit
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm getting myself so stressed out because I'm
    Not losing weight. Everything says I should be. Body media fit says tdee is around 2000 every day so I've been eating 1500 for a pound loss. With no loss in 6-8 weeks, my will power is waning!
    So.... To stop stressing I am
    Going to stop
    Using my arm band for few weeks. Taken the average number from
    My tdees for last week x -15% which is 1750.
    Is tdee - 15% correct? It does mean I'm along the lines of 1/2 lb a week loss but with only few pounds to go, mayb this is best.
    I'm going to go to the gym or exercise 3 times a week without putting pressure on myself if Im too tired (which I'm really struggling with! Could sleep at any time in the day)
    Going to enjoy food.
    Can anyone reasssure me or correct the above if Its wrong - about tdee etc?
    Thank you

This is what I hear recommended most often, and I've certainly seen it work. :-)