Healthy lifestyle Vs. Losing weight...

Options
Sooooo I fell "off the wagon" for the last month and a half........I got down to 122lbs....(I'm only at 123lbs as of right now)....but anyway back on to the subject......when i was losing weight in the past I've gotten down to 127lbs (as my lowest before my lifestyle change) and usually 129lbs as my avg for 5 other times....and each time id fall off the wagon for a month and a half and gain all the weight back and more......This is how I know my lifestyle has changed........I might not have been eating super clean and super healthy, but I only gained back 1 lbs and it could very well just be water/waste retainment :bigsmile: sooooo to say the least I am actually pretty proud of myself and not upset that i "fell off the wagon" for a month in a half.....But i just proved to myself that my lifestyle has changed for the better......:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sikorak
    sikorak Posts: 13
    Options
    Good for you!
    Thanks awesome that you were able to make a lifestyle change, because in the end that what all of us need to do!

284863.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I fell of the wagon over the sumer months this year, and didn't gain any of it back.

I don't really attribute it to a lifestyle change either. It was just over the summer months and I was more active.

Now that I' back on the wagon, the focus has been eating correctly. I still eat a lot of the food I ate before, I just have one portion of it, and I've added a lot of veggies.

Oh yeah, and I think starting C25K has made a huge difference. I would go out on a limb and say running is an easy, awesome excersise that gets results.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I agree that the trick is to learn portions and change how we look at food.

I am always afraid that I may gain the weight back but then I look at how I live now and I just don't see it happening again. I think this time is for real.

Congratulations!!! It is an accomplishment that you should be more proud of than if you had lost another 5#s!!:drinker:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I agree that the trick is to learn portions and change how we look at food.

I am always afraid that I may gain the weight back but then I look at how I live now and I just don't see it happening again. I think this time is for real.

Congratulations!!! It is an accomplishment that you should be more proud of than if you had lost another 5#s!!:drinker:

amen!
    :heart: