Day Two and I am Still Here

Options
:smile: First thing I thought of this morning was to go on My Fitness Pal, and record my evening snack to keep up with my calories lol. Here I am this morning trying to learn the In's and Out's of the program and the Good Friends I will meet :smile:

I feel confident about this program, and I am Truly Excited! :happy: Thank You to those of you that have made me feel welcomed and I can not wait to see changes being made in my life!

Thank You Friends, :happy:
Leslie

Replies

• sikorak
    sikorak Posts: 13
    Options
    I joined a week ago and I love MFP. At first I was a little skeptical, but wow, the pounds keep coming off because I'm eating less due to my calorie counter and I don't even feel hungrier.

I wish you all the best of luck!!

Kinga

284863.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • jigs
    jigs Posts: 70
    Options
    I joined at the end of June, but went on vacation the first week of July. Since then I've lost about 14 lbs (not counting the ones I gained back and re-lost :laugh: ) I :heart: MFP!!

Logging my food has helped me control my portions and going over my calories encourages me to exercise to offset.

Best of luck to you!
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've been on this website 2 weeks as of yesterday.......I love it !! I gotta admit I never knew keeping track of what I eat could be so helpful. Actually seeing it in print seems to make a difference. I also like the fact that when you log your exercise it adds the calories burned to your calorie intake for the day. That way you know how much "extra" you can eat. I'm addicted to this website. I'm leaving on a 10 day vacation tomorrow morning and won't have access to a computer.....UGH ! I'm gonna feel lost without it and miss my daily chats with the ladies.

Welcome and good luck to you both. Hope to hear about your success when I return.
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Joined two days ago, I jumped up and down when I could put lost one pound. :happy:

I LOVE the calorie counter. I can't "cheat" on my calories.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Just take it one day at a time, and you will see great results!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Hello from Ohio! You've come to the right place. Day 2, day 200,,, this is a great tool that will work wonders. Just take a look at the before and after thread - and remember that the folks with huge successes are just like you, they just started a little earlier. You can do it too, and you will, I just know it.

This is easy - here's all ya' gotta do:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & deep fried), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get some exercise - work that gym, walk a little every day, something - that's a huge help. Remember to log your exercise and eat at least some (I eat most) of your exercise calories.

And drink your water!

That's it, piece o' cake. Wife and I have been doing it for about 10 months now and we've done well.

You can do it too.
  • LESLIEBARRE
    Options
    HI KINGA,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INCOURAGEMENT :smile: I AM GOING TO HANG IN THERE WITH THE BEST OF YOU, AND I WILL BE YOUR BIGGEST SUPPORTER AS WELL! :happy:
    STAY IN TOUCH!

LESLIE
  • LESLIEBARRE
    Options
    HEY THANK YOU CASPER,

YOU REALLY TOOK THE TIME TO SET DOWN AND GIVE SOME REALLY GOOD ADVICE AND I REALLY APPRECIATED THAT! I AM SO HAPPY THAT I HAVE CONNECTED WITH A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE ON HERE, AND I JUST CAN WAIT TO AT A POINT WHERE I CAN SAY I HAVE LOST SOME WEIGHT AS WELL :happy:

KEEP IN TOUCH AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND YOU AND YOUR WIFE!
    LESLIE
  • LESLIEBARRE
    Options
    HELLO AMY, :smile:

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT :smile: I REALLY THINK I AM GOING TO LIKE THIS AND THE PEOPLE HAVE ALL BE GREAT AND TOTALLY SUCESSFULL FROM WHAT I AM SEEING...YEAH!
    PLEASE STAY IN TOUCH AND HOPEFULLY I WILL GET TO CHAT WITH YOU SOON!

LESLIE :happy:
  • LESLIEBARRE
    Options
    HELLO KATIE,

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT :smile: I AM SO VERY EXCITED AND I CAN NOT WAIT TO REALLY FEEL THE FEELING YOU HAD GETTING INTO A PAIR OF PANTS AFTER THE ONE POUND CAME OFF :happy: ALL OF YOU GUY'S AND GAL'S HAVE BEEN SO SWEET AND I AM IN HOPES I TRAVEL THIS ROAD WITH YOU ALL :happy:

THANK YOU,
    LESLIE
  • LESLIEBARRE
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR THE INPUT :smile: I AM GOING TO STICK WITH THIS BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN OTHERS POSTING THEIR GREAT RESULTS, AND EVERYONE HAS BEEN SO VERY NICE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND HOPEFULLY I WILL GET TO CHAT WITH YOU AGAIN SOON :happy:

LESLIE
  • LESLIEBARRE
    Options
    HI SHELIA,

THANK YOU FOR THE WORDS OF SUPPORT :smile: . I AM LOVING THE IDEA OF LOGGING WHAT I EAT, EXERCISE ETC... IT REALLY DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN KNOWING WHAT IS GOING ON. I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE SOME POUNDS STARTING TO SHED :happy: . THANK YOU FOR POPPING IN AND YOU HAVE A GREAT VACATION AND WE WILL CHAT WHEN YOU GET BACK! :happy:

LESLIE
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    You'll love it here.
    Everyone is so supportive & encouraging.
    Come often, log every bite & every drop of sweat & you'll be feeling fit in no time at all.
    :wink:
    If you ever feel down or just munchie, come here & read the profiles of folks who have been working at this healthy lifestyle for a while. You'll learn a lot & be totally inspired!
    :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!