T.H.E. Team (Trying Hard Everyday) Week 37

weight-lifting_hampster.jpg
"The past does not define, you the present does."
— Jillian Michaels (Winning by Losing: Drop the Weight, Change Your Life)

Anyone is welcome to join in at any time. We began this thread back in January looking for new friends to share our journey with. Today we begin our 36th week!! If your looking for support buddies that are in this for the long haul... join us!! We love new faces! Introduce yourself and say hi to the thread.

We are here for anyone to post or suggest ideas or “throw down” challenges – whatever you want to do. Some of us are posting our weight losses, or measuring and posting our inches lost, or posting our exercise or food ideas, but we all share a desire to be available for each other to talk and exchange ideas.

Right now, we are working on a holiday challenge - a goal for weight loss between now and the upcoming holidays.

healthymom - sw208/gw150/cw165 = -2 lbs
stillkristi - sw 461/gw195/cw375 = + 6 [ounds

holiday challenge:
healthymom - -5 lbs(15 lbs to go by Christmas)
stillkristi - - 30 pounds by Christmas (24 pounds to go)

Ok, wow, Aunt Flo has caught up with me! :angry: I so seldom have a visit from her these days that I get sort of complacent, feeling as if she if finally not going to show her face again. Well thats shot today! Lots of swelling, absolutely ravenous, you know the routine. So, This week is pretty much a bust. But I am not going to let that get me down. Next week will be back on track. Hope everyone else has a great week. Later, friends!
:bigsmile:
Kristi

Replies

• healthymom - sw208/gw150/cw165 = -2 lbs
    stillkristi - sw 461/gw195/cw375 = + 6 pounds
    pawprint-sw 168/gw 130/cw 155.... I have no idea lol

I've been losing in ounces the past few weeks it seems, but my total is up to 12 pounds total. 5 more pounds to go for my second goal date which is November 12th. I would love to get a good 15 pounds off by Christmas. But I'm not sure yet.

For the Holiday challenge...
    pawprint--15 pounds to go by Christmas. (just starting in the challenge)
  • Where is everyone???????????:frown:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Whew, finally have a minute to post! So, I had my toughest week so far with being able to find time to exercise & traveling so much with work but I just keep telling myself my schedule will be back to normal in November so I just need to hold on through the rest of this month.

jlb123 - sw 270/gw 150/cw 252.2 = -1 pound

For the Holiday challenge...
    pawprint--15 pounds to go by Christmas. (just starting in the challenge)
    jlb123 -- -17.8 lbs (22.2 pounds to go!)
  • Thanks Kristi for starting the thread! :flowerforyou:

Congrats to us who are here to post on a Friday. Hmmm...too many people struggling and are afraid to post????

I noticed we are one of the few threads that have continued this long. Why do so many people give up on caring for themselves? :mad: Is it time to start inviting new members again? I'm not talking to the ones who post here and are struggling but the ones who started and then just left.

Please forgive my frustration.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    There's definitely cycles that everyone goes thru, I think. I think we should poke our old members who haven't been around for awhile as well as invite new ones.

Nice job Kristi starting the thread. THanks for jumping in.

FOrgot it was Friday, didnt' weigh but yesterday I was down 2 of the several I'd gained back. Then tonight went off track again, although I did good all day until dinner. Considering how I'd been doing,that's at least progress.
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Good morning everyone :flowerforyou:

I totally forgot about weigh in yesterday.... been a crazy week at work and my mind is just not with it... so I weighed in this morning and it's what I thought it would be :frown: up 3 lbs ... but I will not let that get me down... I will overcome this and succeed!!!

jlb123 - sw 270/gw 150/cw 252.2 = -1 pound
    adopt - down 2 of the several I'd gained back
    Lorann - SW 285 / GW 155 / CW 231 = + 3 lbs
  • LittleSpy
    I thought I had been retaining water when I weighed in yesterday & I was right. I weighed again this morning and was at 250.6 which would be down 2.6 pounds from last Friday. I'm not claiming it this week for weigh-in, I'm going to stick with my 1# loss, but I am claiming the extra 1.6 on my ticker. :tongue:

Only .6# away from my Halloween goal!
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Hey this week has been crazy. No weight change here, lost of stress but I did get up and to water aerobics and yoga this morning.

SW 198, GW 135, CW 170 = no change

This week was hard with little sleep, sick husband and classroom time totally disrupted with testing, bad behavior and a fight. BUt I have hopes that next week will be calmer and more organized.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    BOO!!!!! Did I scare you? Haven't been in this week. Think my mind is out to lunch. I forgot to weight. I was sick this week. Missed work Wednesday. Thrusday I went to work but felt like crap. Yesterday was a BUSY day at work. Phones were crazy and they made me crazy. I went out to dinner and drinks with a co-worker after work. I didn't weigh today either so I will have to get on the scales tomorrow. I am bouncing between 3-5 lbs , go up 3 then down 5 then up 5 and down 3. I am still struggling with posting my food again. Just can't get back into it. I know it helps. Any idea on why the blockage????

I interviewed for a part time job at Catherines about 10 days ago. I got a call yesterday to call them back but to be honest I am not sure I want to work a part time job. The discount would be great, but I have felt so crappy the last 2 weeks I am not sure I am up to it. I hit my boss up for a raise again last night. I told him about the other job and told him that if I had to work another job I would be worn out and he said he'd talk to the other owners. SO any ideas or thoughts about me taking the job?

Any of you who see me on face book please kick my butt each day that you see me to drink water and log food PLEASE. I need a babysitter for a little while. Thanks.

Have a great weekend.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi everyone, its a beautiful day here, I've been in the garden all morning. Getting in the last of the produce before a hard frost takes it all. I love this weather, but hate the thought that winter is just around the corner. Crazybee - one thing I notice is when I plan my meals, its much easier to post everything. When I just forage in the fridge, well, thats when I go off track and then I don't post because I am bummed out. Just a thought. Healthymom, I don't know what the answer it, I know my motivation isn't always up where I would like it, but I think it wouldn't hurt to go out and let folks know we miss them. I know when I go AWOL, it is nice to hear from you all! So, lets go and let our friends know we miss them, and hope they will get back in the game with us.
  • thanks adopt4 and stillkristi - I totally agree to let others know we miss them. Already done mine.:happy:

Today I went on the treadmill for 40 min and the elliptical for 20 = 600 calories. Proud of myself for sticking with the extra time and its my 4th workout this week.

Sorry to hear some had a stressful week - hope next week is better for you :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    I met my Halloween goal this morning! 249.4! I'm over 1/6th of the way to my 150 goal!
    It's going to be a good day. :wink:
  • stillkristi
    Yay, jib!!! :drinker: :smokin: :wink: :laugh: :love: :happy::glasses: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smooched: :happy: :smile: :wink: :laugh: :bigsmile: Party for you!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. I made soup today with swiss chard (from the garden), chicken sausage, and great northern beans. I must say, I feel all virtuous! And, its tasty. About 175 calories per serving, filling and as I mentioned, quite tasty.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well. I am thinking of getting a quick nap in. Take care everyone!
  • Hey all. Well I was with out a computer for a bit. Stupid power cord decided to blow up on me. I've noticed we're missing some people... are we just busy or what??

stillkristi--that soup sounds like it was really yummy. I have never had turkey sausage though. It sounds good.

jlb123--way to go for your goal. Keep up the good work.

healthymom2009--way to go for your fouth work out. that's great. keep it up girl

CrazybeeRX--post yoour food.... post it post it post it..... and again I say post it.... I don't know if taking on another job would be great for you right now. You have already listed some negatives... what are the positives? Do they out weigh the bad? Also, you don't need a babysitter. Get your head out of facebook's butt girl and drink your water and start logging your food.... you know it helps... you stated that it helps... why are you not doing something that helps??????

Ok enough of that...for now lol.

I have to go into work earlier now. They moved my shift from 3:30 to 7 to now 3:00 to 7... so I have an extra half hour now. Which adds up to like an extra 5 hours every two weeks. I am not complaining. Later all.... Hope to see some new posts when I get home....
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    pawprint I love you!!! You are great. I posted for today so far and will keep trying.

The only positive about the job is extra money and 40% discount in clothes from Lane Bryant, Fashion BUg and Catherines. I am going to talk to the lady today about the job and check out the hours and pay. I told her we had ome family emergencies come up and i have to try to get all those ducks in a row but I do want to talk to her. So I will go see her tonight.

Kristi: thanks for the suggestion. I will try to figure something out that will put me back on track. Also I think you posted a link to a site that if you put the ingredients in to a home cooked meal that it can tell you the calories in a serving. Am I right or am I thinking about someone else? Anyway I need that badly. When I eat something out of a box it is easy to post if I make a soup or stew or casserole I have no clue and it is hard so I don't post.

All you sickies out there start feeling better!!!! We miss you all.
  • Great job CrazybeeRX. To me it sounds like you want this second job. That's a pretty nice discount too. If you go back to last weeks thread you can find that link too.... it's in there somewhere....

Ok I found it....

http://caloriecount.about.com/

It was from two weeks ago lol...

I've actually used this before and I like it alot.
  • SURPRISE....well after being told by two people to get back here I thought I should stop in and explain myself.

Right now....completely off track. Dont' even have the desire to get on track. With work, family problems, and now a cold to top things off. I just can't do it. Plus still working on a few health issues myself.

So I ask of you all...patience with me...trust me when I am feeling the need to get back on track ...I will be back. Just needing to step away for a bit.

So proud of all you guys though...good work and keep up the good work.
    Will stop in at least once a week...just to say hi and support you all..but personally I just need have to go with what I feel.

Hugs to you all.

Button
  • stillkristi
    Hi gang, crazy day at work. I've had a great day exercising and eating well. So, hopefully its all good. Take care. I will be more present tomorrow!
  • Hi Team, I'm back. My Century is over and now I can focus on weight loss again. Its so amazing how one's performance suffers greatly while slashing calories. I'll be post calories in and exercise again daily.
    Yesterday my food was well (but didn't log yesterday) and I got in a spin class due to the rain. If you haven't been to a spin class and want a great workout you've got to try it.
    Congrats to the loser and sending cyber-encouragment for those still struggling. Let's finish this week out strong.
  • Marking to post later