ATTACK OF THE CELLULITE!!!

Options
So, I've been told time and time again by doctors, health nuts and trainers that there is NO possible way to get rid of cellulite no matter what you do. But I just HAVE to believe that there are some folks out there that have come close or at least seen a dramatic change/disappearance in cellulite after weight loss...

I never had cellulite until I gained weight and I have hope that I can someday wear shorts again without feeling like I look like a bag of feta cheese!!! I've only heard from ONE very unconventional doctor that you cant ELIMINATE your celullite but you can ALMOST make it disappear by using the elliptical. So, are there any of you out there that have lost weight and the cellulite to match?!?! And if you have, could you post PICTURES PLEASE!!!! :) Seeing is believing for me in this case lol :)

I gotta KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!! And believe that I'll be able to wear cute dresses (my FAV) again, instead of living the rest of my life in 'Grandma-like' Moo-Moos', cause at this point that's about as "sexy" as its gonna get :/

Replies

• rio66
    rio66 Posts: 49
    Options
    Yes there is hope my dear! It will never disappear completely but you can change the look of it for sure. I used to have real deep dimply cellulite when I was in the 90kg range, and since eating better and toning up it has drastically reduced.
    It's still not perfect but it's definitely better. Try to cut as much sodium and processed sugars out of your diet as possible, eat lots of green vegies, drink HEAPS of water and do exercises that help with tone. Yoga and stretching is brilliant for this. I also regularly drink green tea as it is a diuretic and helps to flush toxins out of your body which may help reduce the cellulite. I'm also a huge fan of cardio, especially the elliptical trainer. It is one of the best exercises for me as it has actually helped burn more fat off my belly as well as my thighs and bum. The more toned you are, the less you will see the cellulite because it never goes away unfortunately. I know, it sucks but think of it this way, even really famous actresses have cellulite! LOL! :laugh:
  • rio66
    rio66 Posts: 49
    Options
    Oh and sorry hun, but I don't really have any old pics of me in shorts or a bikini when I was big (because I never wore them) :embarassed:
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    OVERWEIGHTLUVA Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know, it sucks but think of it this way, even really famous actresses have cellulite! LOL! :laugh:

THIS IS VERY TRUE! :happy:

And I DEF need to work on drinking more water. But it's good to hear an ACTUAL person tell me that they've at least drastically reduced the appearance. I shall dream of shorts tonight :bigsmile:
  • guiltypleasure00
    Options
    I have ALWAYS had cellulite. Even when I was a teenager and (comparatively) slender I had some on the upper back of my thighs. After I put on weight it got a lot worse and spread to the front of my legs as far down as my knees! I was horrified and felt even worse after hearing I couldn't ever get rid of it!

But I have to say I have noticed a big difference in it since I've started to lose weight/tone up. I'm sure I'll always have some but it really has started to look a lot better.

I've also head massaging your legs or dry brushing before a bath/shower can help with flushing out the toxins/firming up your skin to reduce the appearance. To be honest I can't say 100% if that's what's been helping me, but I know it made my skin feel a lot better. :)
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I dunno. I never see people with really nice developed hamstrings and cellulite. Frankly, I think that's why it's more prevalent on women with our weak hammies. *frantically does romanian deadlifts*
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    is cellulite the fat that hangs from your body when you lose weight??

and i want some moo moo's lol
  • chelll224
    chelll224 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I always had some too on my thighs, even though I was fairly thin. But when I gained weight this time I got it everywhere, arms, belly, legs all the way down to my ankles. I'm hoping as I lose the weight, the dimples will fade. It's my motivation every time I think I can't make it another step on the treadmill, or drink another bottle of water. Good luck ladies!
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am bumping in hopes that there is definitely help out there...waiting to see before and after pics!
  • bobthesmogs
    bobthesmogs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping too...I can only live in hope!
  • MrsRoundbottom
    Options
    Cellulite is caused by a thick layer of fat under the skin, so the more fat you lose the less it will show,

I used to have cellulite on the front & back of thighs & bottom, since Ive lost weight I now only have it on my bottom, because this is where I carry most of my fat, losing weight & toning exercises WILL make a massive difference.
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    I have ALWAYS had cellulite. Even when I was a teenager and (comparatively) slender I had some on the upper back of my thighs. After I put on weight it got a lot worse and spread to the front of my legs as far down as my knees! I was horrified and felt even worse after hearing I couldn't ever get rid of it!

But I have to say I have noticed a big difference in it since I've started to lose weight/tone up. I'm sure I'll always have some but it really has started to look a lot better.

I've also head massaging your legs or dry brushing before a bath/shower can help with flushing out the toxins/firming up your skin to reduce the appearance. To be honest I can't say 100% if that's what's been helping me, but I know it made my skin feel a lot better. :)

Well, that is great news!!!! Cause I would hate to lose all this weight and still be self conscious over cellulite.
    And I will have to try the massaging!!!! But I'll have to look up the "dry brushing"....I've never heard of it. But if it might work....I'M ON IT!!! :happy:

Thanks!!!

And ANYONE feel free to ADD ME!!! I need all the positive, informative, encouraging people I can get!!! :bigsmile:
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    is cellulite the fat that hangs from your body when you lose weight??

It's the unsightly bumps, lumps and dimples that most people tend to get on thier thighs due to weight gain or lack of excrsize (because skinney folks can have it too) BUT you can get it anywhere from your tummy to your arms to your back fat on down. NOT PRETTY!!
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    I always had some too on my thighs, even though I was fairly thin. But when I gained weight this time I got it everywhere, arms, belly, legs all the way down to my ankles. I'm hoping as I lose the weight, the dimples will fade. It's my motivation every time I think I can't make it another step on the treadmill, or drink another bottle of water. Good luck ladies!

YES!! It is MOST DEF a motivator!!
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    I used to have cellulite on the front & back of thighs & bottom, since Ive lost weight I now only have it on my bottom, because this is where I carry most of my fat, losing weight & toning exercises WILL make a massive difference.

I LOVE hearing you type that! lol
  • healthyamberB
    healthyamberB Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I also had a problem with cellulite for a while. And I think it's a lie you can't get rid of it because mine is completely gone now:happy: All i did was start drinking half my weight in water (ex: when i was 160 pounds i divided by 2 then drank 80 ounces of water which is about 10 cups i think) everyday and BAM my cellulite was gone. I'm not sure how long it took though, I just remember looking at my thighs one day and thinking they looked different and that's when i noticed it was gone! Hope this helped a bit :smile:
  • jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Don't give up hope! I had cellulite on the back of my thighs just a year ago, and after lots of gym time and a little weight loss, it's practically gone. I'm at work now, so I can't take pics, but I'll try to post some tonight. And I'm twice your age, so you definitely have youth on your side! :wink: If you didn't have cellulite before you gained weight, the chances are pretty good that you can get rid of it with weight loss, clean eating, exercise and lots of water. I never had it until I was in my 40s and started gaining weight. Good luck!
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have cellulite on my thighs... and I LIVE on the elliptical... and it's still there :( But it has seemed less noticeable.
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    I also had a problem with cellulite for a while. And I think it's a lie you can't get rid of it because mine is completely gone now:happy: All i did was start drinking half my weight in water (ex: when i was 160 pounds i divided by 2 then drank 80 ounces of water which is about 10 cups i think) everyday and BAM my cellulite was gone. I'm not sure how long it took though, I just remember looking at my thighs one day and thinking they looked different and that's when i noticed it was gone! Hope this helped a bit :smile:

THANK GOD!!!!!! Im so happy to hear that you got rid of it COMPLETELY!!! Now I can flick that 'doubtful demon' off my shoulder!! I WILL have beautiful toned legs again!!! And like I was saying earlier, I most def dont drink enough water. So, thats changing TODAY....Im drinking as we type!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    Don't give up hope! I had cellulite on the back of my thighs just a year ago, and after lots of gym time and a little weight loss, it's practically gone. I'm at work now, so I can't take pics, but I'll try to post some tonight. And I'm twice your age, so you definitely have youth on your side! :wink: If you didn't have cellulite before you gained weight, the chances are pretty good that you can get rid of it with weight loss, clean eating, exercise and lots of water. I never had it until I was in my 40s and started gaining weight. Good luck!

Yes!! Please post pictures when you can!!!!

And people are living alot longer now-a-days...so 'in your 40s' is STILL YOUNG!!!! :wink:
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I hate cellulite. End story. My boyfriend calls it orange-butt :X
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!