30yr old mum of 2 looking for support!

Options
Hello Everyone!!!!!!

I just joined mfp a couple of days ago.. I absolutely LOVE the food and exercise tracker!

At my heaviest, I was 215 lbs. I did get myself down to 155, mainly from portion control and running around after 2 kids only one and a half years apart. But I have kept myself steady at 160 lbs since then... until recently.

A year ago I moved to England, and have gained 25 lbs since then. (alcohol, pasty's and amazing curries are to blame!)

I work part-time from home, but consider myself a mother first and foremost. I also worked as a weight loss consultant (go figure) for a while, and when leaving, I took all the meal plans with me ;).. Ive put myself on a strict 900-1000 cal per day diet and have joined the local gym. At this point, I want to loose 35 lbs, to get me to 150 lbs. When I reach that target, I will try for the last 15 lbs... But at this point, I feel 35 lbs is a reasonable target for me to achieve... Considering ive never really believed in dieting and counting calories.. Unfortunately, this is a must for me now!!!

Just looking for similar people for support.. as I know exactly what should be done, I just have a problem actually sticking with it... During the day, I have no problems with eating and sticking with the diet.. its just at night, when the munchies kick in, and I am in a constant battle with myself to not eat!!!

Hello, my name is Jennifer, and I am definitely a food addict!!! lol

Replies

• debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I like having new freinds feel free to add me.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Hey there Jennifer. I'm in Ireland. I've 2 small kids also ( 2+half and 3+half year old), work full time and exercise (somehow) 4-5 times week.

I too find it hard come the late evening. I tend to eat all around me even tough I'm not hungry. It's just 'cause it's there. THat's why I prefer to get out and exercise after the kids go to bed, my DH minds them then. It's ME time also.

I'm stuck stuck stuck though at 173lbs. I do a mix of running outside, spin class and cardio/weights in the gym. It's a slow b!oody road but I am determind to get there.

Here's hoping we both get there in the end and be yummy mummy's!!!!!!!!!
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer. First WELCOME. This site has been very helpful to me in this process. I have gotten support/feedbac/encouragement and laughs. I started this process at 225 so not far off from where you were. I am at the point where I want/need to lose 15 more pounds to be at goal, so again, we are similiar. I know you didn't ask but I feel that I should comment. Here is my thought 900 - 1000 calories a day and working out is really low. I am going to assume that MFP did not give you those numbers. I will share with you that when I am working out and keep to 1200 calories I don't lose. Once I put my calories to 1500 I started to lose again and have lost consistently every week. I'm not saying you should be at 1500 calories but you need enough nutrition to support the workouts so that you are losing in a healthy manner. do with this what you will, again, I know you didn't ask for it. :flowerforyou: If you are not offended by my rant then by all means friend me and we can support each other along those last 15 pounds......
  • cdnbassjunkie
    Options
    thanks for your info Cherrie! I forgot to mention, I am supplementing my diet with natural vitamins, to make sure my body doesn't go into starvation mode.
    And please don't worry about offending me!!! I take all positive criticism .... that's why I'm here!
  • etameca
    etameca Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi!

I just joined a couple of days ago as well, and so far I really enjoy the food and exercise tracker, too! It's great that you have experience as a weight loss consultant, it can put you already ahead of the game. I'm trying to lose thirty pounds by cutting back a bit on my meals. I've also started working out again by doing circuit training and cardio. I'm here for support!
  • Moosical
    Moosical Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm a 32yr old mum of 2 also looking for support so happy to add you. I did lost 3 stone a year or so ago, but its creeped back on, I had done it mainly through doing slimming world, but not a great deal of exercise, i'm now trying to be sensible with what I eat and do more exercise.e I love the tracker on here too. I started doing it 'properly' on Monday ;)
  • cortmom
    cortmom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can add me I just started back up again. I am an expat living in Italy. I have two boys but have lots of weight to lose.