Lunch Ideas

Options
I need some easy and quick ideas to throw into a lunch everyday for work that would help me stay on track but also fill me up. I feel like I'm taking the same lunch everyday which is getting really boring. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

Replies

• hjmygatt
    Options
    I really enjoy taking Lean Cuisine's for lunch most days. I try to stay around 300 calories for lunch, and they have a lot of options in that range. Very good, and lots of variety. Also affordable. Of course, you have to have a microwave!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    a taco salad, 1/3 cup refried beans, salad with vegies, ranch (I can't give it up) and a small serving of chips. mmmm!:heart:
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I LOVE salad. I eat it nearly everyday and I never tire of it. Normally I make a salad with baby spinach leaves instead of iceburg lettuce, occasionally I use romaine. I love a greek salad with chicken! I use tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, reduced fat feta cheese and red wine vinaigrette or just red wine vinegar, and of course a grilled chicken tender. You could also do a salad with walnuts and dried cranberries, just not too many. You could try wraps with whole grain/low carb wraps. I love tuna wraps. You could take a V8 along with some turkey or chicken deli meat and some low fat cheese. Cottage cheese is yummy with a garden salad. You could even take scrambled eggs, they reheat pretty well. Sometimes I make breakfast burritos with scrambled egg whites, onion, green pepper, red pepper, and a little bit of cheese, wrap it up with a low carb wrap.
  • sara21
    sara21 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like Healthy Choice chicken and rice soup (in the to-go containers), Campbell's soup to go (vegetable beef has 70 calories), light cheese sticks, sugar free applesauce cups, fruit, a flatbread or a sandwich-tin with low fat turkey or ham and fat free cheese (sometimes I warm it in the microwave at work). All easy to make or throw in your lunch bag.
  • sara21
    sara21 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on making some breakfast wraps or lunch wraps this weekend and freezing them so I can just throw them in my lunch bag in the morning. I bought some light wraps, eggs, fat-free cheese, lots of fresh veggies and some salsa. I'm going to write the # of calories on the freezer bag so I can easily keep tracking my calories. I would love to hear more lunch suggestions...maybe dinner too. For dinner, I love the flat-out bread with a tbsp of tomato sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and diced mushrooms, green peppers, red onions, tomatoes, and black olives on top. Bake on 400 for about 15 minutes, then broil on low for about 3 minutes to get the cheese browned. Around 300 calories, depending on if you use 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup of cheese.
  • avamariah
    avamariah Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Is the Lean Cuisine low sodium? My doctor suggested I stay away from processed foods because of the high sodium content. Any suggestions?
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Two slices of Orowheat double fiber bread, 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese spread on slices add some fat free turkey breast, lettuce, tomato and any other veggies you like and it's a hardy sandwich that will keep you on track with calories and fat and keep you full...
  • LadyV
    LadyV Posts: 21
    Options
    I keep i simple for lunch. Bought some containers so that I can make up stuff ahead of time if I want. But I keep it to only tree meals for lunches throughout the week. Either:

Soup & Salad
    Soup & Sandwich
    Sandwich & Salad

Some say that having too much variety creates an easier reason to stray from what you are trying to do.

Campbell's HEalthy Choice soups are really good. And the bags of mixed salad greens and turkey breast sandwiches are no brainers.

It works for me anyway!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I find the Lean Cuisine meals leave me hungry, so I switched to the pasta/steamer bowls that are out now. There are several different brands. They are 10-11 oz instead of 8-9. Those two extra ounces seem to hold me a lot better until dinner, so I end up staying within calories better because I don't need to snack.

I buy what ever brand is on sale that week and can usually buy 5 for 10 dollars. I switch that out with 1/2 sandwich or yogurt w/salad or soup.

Good luck.

JAM
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My new lunch fave is Progresso Lite soups. And, they taste great!!! They have a chicken and dumpling that rocks!!!

Some days I have just the soup - an entire of can (just shy of two cups) is less than 200 calories. Some days I have only half the can and add a sandwich with low cal turkey.