Hello... I'm a newbie... wish me luck lol x

Options
Hi there, I'm a newbie to this site and wondered how many people had upwards of 110-115lbs to lose?

My name is Leah, I'm 23 and classed as morbidly obese, especially for my height. I've had enough of trying commercial weight loss clubs as they are so competitive, I just want others who share the ups and downs with me rather than secretly being glad that I fell of the wagon so they get "fat buster of the week" or whatever patronising award that would be available.

So, if you want to share tips and tricks and in return I'll let you in on the few tricks I've got up my sleeve. I don't judge people, it would be arrogant of me to do so with my "image" lol.

So anyways, less of the rambling and I'm looking forward to making some new acquaintances.

Much Love :-) :-)

Leah xxx

Replies

• Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hey Leah,

Welcome to MFP :) It's a great site and definitely not judgemental at all, or at least it doesn't feel that way to me. Just seems very supportive so I hope you will enjoy being here and find it helpful.

Lottie x
  • leeleeloulou
    Options
    Thank you Lottie.

I am hoping that I'll find it easier to stay on track with a supportive resource :)

Leah xx
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi Leah...welcome !!! This is a terrific site...lots of really great peeps and lots of really great support...friend me if you want...Good luck !!!
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    99.9% of this site is very supportive, but you will find that random jerk in the forums from time to time, so just pay them no mind. Welcome aboard!
  • Bbartonh
    Bbartonh Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey Leah, I just started on here too good luck with your weight loss journey it's tough but we can do it :)
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome :D

The support you'll get from people on this site is amazing, makes the whole process feel much easier!
  • leeleeloulou
    Options
    Thanks guys, Crikey, I seem to have a feeling of relief lol :blushing:
  • BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! This place is great for non-judgemental support, everyone is here most days for the ups and downs, which I find a better support system than only weekly meetings, this place is full of lovely people and usually when I come on here I find that I am motivated to be the best I can be :) I am sending a friend request to you!
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this journey feel free to add me I'm on every day & love this community!:smile:
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi Leah,

I dont have that much to lose, but I will help you on this journey, I have certainly picked up a few tips and got some divine recipes to try if you want them.

Please send me a friend request if you would like my help, support and motivations

Marie
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me, this is a great site and if you use it, you'll lose it!!! We are all here to help!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi Leah, and welcome :) I have already lost a fair bit, but still have 60-70 to go, so feel free to add me, I'm in London, always nice to have other UK peeps on board! :flowerforyou:
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Leah,

Welcome to MFP! People here are really supportive! There are also plenty of new Moms here as well who can give you tips on how to find a fitness and weightloss lifestyle that fits your tight schedule.

My recommendation is to find some great friends with similar goals and support each other's succeses! I also always recommend that you be REALLY good about logging everything no matter what and that you open up your food diary so your friends can give advice or just say yum when you've created something really great for the family meal (I certainly appreciate that my friends let me what they have found good to eat!).

Good luck!
  • Georgiamolliexx
    Georgiamolliexx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new too signed up a while ago but just starting I have just turned 20 and have 130lbs to lose!! So m right there with ya :smile:
  • womanathewell
    womanathewell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am new too.I have over 100 to lose and am new too.I also find it easy to take care of others and not myself.I have been forced to now as I have a medical issue and am trying to avoid going into a wheelchair.Some of my family have had gastic surgery but I do not think that is the right path for me and some of my Dr. are for some against. Been learning lots and been motivatied by this site.
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! I have over 100 pounds to lose also and have some great friends who are very supportive. All MFP'rs in need of friends to be supportive and encouraging, please feel free to add me.
  • MzTat2slim
    MzTat2slim Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome. No judgements here. Everyone is here because we have a shared goal to transform our bodies. Lose weight at your own pace. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • NatsJorg
    NatsJorg Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi there,Welcome! I'm also new and also battling. I also need all the support I can get!! :)

Please add me too!

We can do this!
    x
  • SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! Just signed up on Tuesday!