hello

Options
Hi, my name is Sandi. I am 34, a single mom, and a teacher. I am trying to get healthy and lose about 20 pounds. My mother also joined today. I am a total stress and boredom eater. I really hope this support system will help me stay on track. I have started working out too. Hope to get to know you all.

Replies

• katsmommie
    katsmommie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sandi. I am 34, a single mom, and a teacher. I am trying to get healthy and lose about 20 pounds. My mother also joined today. I am a total stress and boredom eater. I really hope this support system will help me stay on track. I have started working out too. Hope to get to know you all.
  • crystalee
    crystalee Posts: 13
    Options
    Best of luck to you in your goals! I just joined earlier this week, the support everyone gives each other is so awesome. I too eat when I am bored and it is a tough habit to break, but we can do it! :happy:
  • katsmommie
    Options
    Thanks crystalee I appreciate your support.

Anyone out there...help me give up bread or at least stop at one piece!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Welcome to the site Katsmommie! You have joined what I truly believe is the best community on the internet. Please don't hesitate to let us know should you need anything. :happy:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Welcome to the site Katsmommie! You have joined what I truly believe is the best community on the internet. Please don't hesitate to let us know should you need anything. :happy:
    Ditto:flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome sandi bread is a tough one for sure. I would say first try to go to whole grains for you breads, pasta andsuch. Try to stay away from the processed foods. They often bring on more cravings. Last thing to watch for is corn syrup also an ingredient that brings on cravings.

Good luck you are at a great site.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options

Ditto times 2
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Don't give up bread!!
    Just switch to Whole Grain or Whole Wheat. You'll get use to it. And I think that is what helped me drastically in the weight loss. I was a BIG bread eater. And cheese. Which I just switched to reduced, low or no fat cheeses.
  • katsmommie
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your advice.
  • GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome Welcome! Always nice to see a new face! Good luck, and feel free to ask questions and just vent. That's what we are all here for! (Wow don't I just sound like the official welcome wagon! lol)

Here's to a healthy you! :drinker:
  • katsmommie
    Options
    Thank you Gem.