New Guy

Options
Hi, I'm new to this site. I was introduced to this webpage from a co-worker and I am more than impressed. I haven't been happy with how I have looked for awhile now and suffering the consequences of no longer doing PT with the Army. I graduated Basic Training in 1998 at 155 lbs and I was just over the 200 lbs mark less than 2 weeks ago. I decided to take my life back and start running again. Between this site and mapmyrun.com I have dropped down to 194 in a little more than a week. My goal is to be 170 lbs by my 30th birthday in February. I plan on running a few 5K's before the end of the year. The biggest thing that I have gained from this site is being able to track my food intake. I am now holding myself more accountable for what I eat and when I am tempted to eat something not so good for me I ask myself; "Do I want to log that?"

I look forward to learning more and getting motivation from everyone.

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are already obviously on the right track! And you're right this is a great place. Welcome!
  • zero7one
    Options
    Quick question...my profile says that I am a female...which I am not. Any clue how I can change that?
  • zero7one
    Options
    Nevermind....I figured it out. I'm a guy again. :blushing:
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love it here too.

You have a great attitude, I am sure you will reach your goals!
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    welcome! :wink:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Welcome. :flowerforyou: