Replies

• takd86
    takd86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • ashlet01
    ashlet01 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am joining! I have 30 pounds I want to drop.
  • 115perfection
    115perfection Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The link to the group is in the first post!!! :)
  • sgxh
    sgxh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Am in, LEGGO!
    Feel free to add me guys! :D
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    10 pounds a month sounds fairly aggressive. I'm not a fan of quick loss schemes, as oftentimes people put the weight back on, since they typically haven't fundamentally changed their lifestyle. It was just a "quick win", followed soon after by a quick loss (and not the good kind)...

I oftentimes wonder if people are putting way too much pressure on themselves here. On the one hand, it's great to input, monitor, encourage, etc. Knowledge is power, and mfp helps tremendously with that.

On the other hand, by looking for immediate benefits, we can discourage ourselves from making the real, fundamental changes that last a lifetime.

In any case, good luck to you all!

--Prahasaurus
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Of course, I'm a bit of a hypocrite, as I lost 30 pounds in around 3 months! But I didn't set out to do this. I just changed my diet and began exercising, and it basically happened. But I didn't step on a scale once the entire time, I didn't have a specific weight goal.

Only towards the end did I weigh myself, as I was curious as to how much weight I had actually dropped...

--Prahasaurus
  • Mrs_Moose
    Mrs_Moose Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Love to join! I'm really struggling at weekends
  • CardiffSarah
    Options
    Would love to lose 30lb in 90 days - I'm in, even if I don't lose that much, this will keep me motivated.

Thanks. xx
  • iYaya
    iYaya Posts: 1
    Options
    Count me in. 30 Lbs sounds like a good number to get that scale moving towards the right direction.
  • mnchkn0408
    mnchkn0408 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in! ! It would be great motivation
  • Lissette_Brooks
    Lissette_Brooks Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    30's my goal to lose. I'm in!!!! :bigsmile:
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Please count me in
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Can I join ? :)
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    10 pounds a month sounds fairly aggressive. I'm not a fan of quick loss schemes, as oftentimes people put the weight back on, since they typically haven't fundamentally changed their lifestyle. It was just a "quick win", followed soon after by a quick loss (and not the good kind)...

I oftentimes wonder if people are putting way too much pressure on themselves here. On the one hand, it's great to input, monitor, encourage, etc. Knowledge is power, and mfp helps tremendously with that.

On the other hand, by looking for immediate benefits, we can discourage ourselves from making the real, fundamental changes that last a lifetime.

In any case, good luck to you all!

--Prahasaurus

10 lbs a month is only 2.5 lbs a week. A healthy weight loss is 1-3 lbs a week.
  • Classyandra
    Classyandra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    me too! I want in!
  • cinroa
    cinroa Posts: 15
    Options
    Ok I joined I would love to lose 40 lbs.
    Not sure what else I need to do. Just check in on this group every Friday? Is that correct?
  • Tojsmom
    Tojsmom Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm defiately in! This will be more motivation for me.
  • Get_My_Mojo_Back
    Options
    count me in
  • iqleen
    iqleen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wanna join too :)
  • HappyAng
    HappyAng Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in