Getting myself back on track.

Options
I started my weight loss journey in Feb 2011. By October 2011 I had met my goal of 50 lbs gone, and continued to lose a few pounds after that.

I was doing great at maintaining my loss up until about a month ago. I have some good days and some bad days, about half and half. I've put on a few pounds, currently back at what I originally set as my goal weight.

I decided to get back closer to where I was at my lowest and thats 8 lbs away.

I just have major binge eating issues, especially at night, and then I just stop tracking once I get above my calorie goal.

Any advice or support, or anyone who wants to be my friend as I continue with this lifelong journey?

Replies

• ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Don't stop tracking, when you see it there in black and white it makes it real - the actual end figure. And don't have food in the house to binge on if you can't resist it. And keep in mind, you are still at your original goal, well done you!
  • melissaloveshair
    Options
    Thank you.

Maintaining has definitely been harder than losing ever was.

For some reason I am hungrier now than I ever was when I was eating less (I was using Weight Watchers and I've realized that their daily point allowance does not equal out to me eating a whole lot of calories, so when I was in losing mode I really wasn't eating much at all. Maybe 1300 calories at the most if that.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi! The biggest obstacle is recognizing your issue, then you can take the steps to get over it! I recommend logging everything because you are giving up when you quit logging it. See you may binge, but it doesn't necessarily put you over calories for the whole week... If you keep logging everything, even your binges you might not give up hope so easily. Just because you screw up one day doesn't mean your whole week is shot! Track it all, besides as you type and search for the foods to log, it is pausing you hand from carrying food to your face! LOL! Just joking around, but seriously you can do this even with a few screw ups! It's the big picture, not the little ones! Add me if you like. I am always open to new friends.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

Maintaining has definitely been harder than losing ever was.

For some reason I am hungrier now than I ever was when I was eating less (I was using Weight Watchers and I've realized that their daily point allowance does not equal out to me eating a whole lot of calories, so when I was in losing mode I really wasn't eating much at all. Maybe 1300 calories at the most if that.

I don't know your stats, but 1300 calories seems really low, but if it is easy for you, start there and gradually add a few more calories. It could be as easy as adding a few nuts or an avocado to your diet....
  • melissaloveshair
    Options

I don't know your stats, but 1300 calories seems really low, but if it is easy for you, start there and gradually add a few more calories. It could be as easy as adding a few nuts or an avocado to your diet....

1300 cals was definitely too low. Now that I'm in losing mode on here trying to just lose 8 lbs I am at 1420 cals.