Newbie...Any help out there?

Options
I just started using myfitnesspal.com my daughter actually found it for us. I believe this to be very helpful. Does anyone have any helpful hints? I had weight loss surgery, but then due to medical conditions I came to a stand still. I lost 200 lbs and and standing at around 300. Really need to jump start things. One of my health issues cause me to lack in energy badly. HELP!

Replies

• suzanne_fowler
    suzanne_fowler Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm new to MyFitnessPal also, but I also just recently (10/07/09) started going to the Professional Weight Loss Clinic in Hammond, La. They put me on an appitite supressant. It helps me feel full quicker & I have more energy. I keep track of my Calories, Carbs, Fats, & Sodium intake on paper right now, but I'm gonna start using the food journal on here probably next month after my appointment at the clinic. I also make sure I get plenty of water!!! And I weigh my self every Saturday morning as early as I can. I was stuck in a rut before I started this program! I have two kids & gained alot of weight during my 1st pregnacy. I couldnt lose the weight for nothing & then I had my 2nd child March 2009!!! I've tried many many programs & failed because I couldnt stop feeling hungry & tired all the time! Since 10/07/09 I've lost 10lbs & I look forward to losing more! Hope this helps! You should talk to me sometime-I'd love to hear how things are going & receive whatever advice you may have. Have a blessed day! Suzanne Fedrick
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck. I am new to MFP as well - 3 weeks. Looking at my food logs has been an eye opening experience. Fresh fruits and vegetables are always healthier. Taking the time to prepare meals myself has been helpful to cut back on salt. It is time consuming but informative to read labels before purchasing things at the store. Adding exercise will also improve overall fitness. Walking is a good way to start exercising. If you have trouble with your knees, try swimming or walking in the water. Getting a friend to exercise with and to keep accountable for logging information will make it more fun. Set small goals and reward yourself for getting there. I cant believe how simple the concept of lowering calorie intake by 500 a day will lead to slow weight loss. Good Luck.:happy:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to MFP
    This website changed my life and I hope it will change yours.

Take it one day at a time
    Take baby steps
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Drink a lot of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Seek healthy foods to eat.
    Find a group on MFP to join and check in with them every day.

Get out of your chair and do something
    you don't have to start by working out in a gym or running a 5K---just do something.

And..........never, never, never give up :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: