Having a very hard time....!!

Options
Staying motivated and on track lately. I have lost about 30lbs and I am about 45 away from my goal weight. I constantly go between 180-198 (over the past 6 months). I just can not seem to get motivated enough to get back into the gym and i can not stay away from those dang swiss rolls (ugh..why are they so good)!! I'll work out and go to the gym for a week and then the weekend comes and I just don't go back to the gym the next week. I hate doing the "stop and restart". Any tips or suggestions on how to stay motivated?

Replies

• kgibbz
    kgibbz Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I could have written this myself! I lost 31 lbs and then life caught up with me- stress, finals, camping holidays family visits etc. I don't have time for the gym any more and my choices have been of convenience and not health and I'm so frustrated because I gained 5 lbs back :( I need some serious help. I'm in the process of making a goals/ reward chart to try to motivate myself and I've been reading these boards for motivation. Good luck and know that you are not alone!
  • keating19
    keating19 Posts: 5
    Options
    my advice is to do something on your own when Monday rolls around. go for a walk...do pushups, situps, cardio, yoga. anything to get the heart pumping and a little sweat. I personally have the tony horton 10 min trainer for the days i have no motivation. Its mainly just a few things for 10 min but by the end i'm beat, lol. then i do boot camp 2 times a week. maybe you could get into a class at your gym that way you HAVE to feel obligated to go at least once a week. also if you have a wii, i loved doing zumba and just dance stuff. burned lots of calories. you gotta do it. you can always pack a bag to leave in your car that way you could go straight to the gym after or before work. you'll find a good rythem soon. just force yourself to do a little something after the weekend. after awhile, it will just be habit :) YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • pfcwife1
    pfcwife1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I have to same problems. I work 12hr shifts from 7pm to 7am. My work days are bundled 2-3 days at a time so by the time I get some sleep there's really no time to exercise so I get completely off track. And I have found absolutely no way to remedy this. BTY there are swiss rolls in the cabinet and I want one soooo bad now lol.
  • carenj1990
    carenj1990 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It sucks, but you have to plowing on....do you really want ot deal with the other option. I know I don't.:bigsmile:
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    One step at a time.

Number one: get the Swiss rolls out of the house. You will cave in times of weakness and having them there is so darn convenient.

Number two: tell your stomach to shut the heck up when it's hungry. After all, IT'S what got you in this jam to begin with. Like it really knows what it's talking about. I think NOT!!!
  • cmason516
    cmason516 Posts: 62
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. I wish I knew how to stay on track all the time. I will do great for a week or so and then start doing bad again. It is very frustrating I must say. I think the only thing we can do is try our best. You can add me as a friend if you want. We can try to keep each other motivated the best we can. :smile:
  • Southernbelle90
    Options
    Thanks y'all!