Suggestions Please

Options
OK, I'm looking for some suggestions....first some breakfast ideas...I ALWAYS do egg white/omelet and second...does anyone have any food secrets to a faster weight loss? I need to lose 20 lbs asap! Please, I'm getting desperate and don't wanna turn to unhealthy alternatives!

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there are really any foods for faster weight loss. Calories in vs calories out is what works.

There are tons of things for breakfasts. I do eggs and bacon when I have the time. I'm not really a fan of cereal or oatmeal but if you like them there are some great healthy cereals and oatmeals out there. If I'm rushed in the morning I will throw some mango and strawberries along with some yogurt and water/juice into the blender and make a smoothie that I take with me to work.

We all want to lose quickly... but... slow weight loss is the healthiest way to go, lessens the lose skin and is what is usually kept off the longest.
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    The more processed the food = the worse it is for your waistline is the rule I tend to live by. Cook fresh foods using fresh ingredients (or frozen if your budget is tight). Avoid "pre-made" frozen dinners and fast food. Watch your protein/carb/fat ratio. Be active (deliberately, not just.. oh, I did chores)n for at least 20 minutes a day. DRINK SO MUCH WATER YOU PEE EVERY HOUR! I also started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred about 10 days ago and it's been a HUGE difference so far.
    I lost 8 lbs in one month, and that was my "biggest" one month loss. Anything much more than 8-10 lbs a month is unhealthy.
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh, and a vegetarian/pescetarian diet is more weight-loss friendly to some people as well. Just watch your carbs from excess fruits.
  • mung222
    mung222 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Some of my staples for breakfast are:

Oatmeal (any flavor) with frozen fruits mixed in.
    Turkey sausage
    eggs
    Emeralds on the go breakfast packs
    greek yogurt with granola in it

I too need to lose weight rather quickly and it can be done if you put out more than you put in You just have to be strict with yourself and don't allow cheat days until you've reached your goal.