state fair food

Options
Hey there. Does anyone know how to figure out the calories for a deep fried snickers bar? it is my once a year state fair food I LOVE, but do keep myself to having only one a year. The rest of the food I can contrrol to the little bit that is grilled at the fair.

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Deep fried Snickers or Mars bars - This "snack" packs over 450 calories and about 30 grams of fat, and a king size will deliver more than 700 calories and 44 grams of fat. What's more disturbing is that some pubs plate them with a side of fries and call them lunch.

found at this site http://www.slashfood.com/2006/01/16/slashfood-ate-8-worst-foods-you-can-eat/
  • yoopergirl
    yoopergirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It wasn't as bad as I thought...not that it was good. Thank goodness I walked around for over 7 hours! We only rode 3 rides, the rest of the time was walking or standing.
  • JERRI5672
    Options
    I know what you mean - we went to see Charlie Daniels band @ the Cumming fairgrounds - I just had to have a funnel cake. I ordered one walked around with it in my hand for a few min - ate about 1/4 of it and then rode home with it in my lap, when I got home I put it in the trashcan! I was so proud of myself! I was really oblovious how many calories the powder sugar had in it when I place my 1/4 funnel cake on the food diary! OMG! And the weird thing about it all - the cake just didnt taste as good as I remembered.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    i've never had a deepfried snickers bar,,,,,,,but it sounds delicious!!,,,,maybe ill have to find one when i reach my goal weight as a treat......but then again maybe i shouldnt because u cant miss what uve never had lol
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It wasn't as bad as I thought...not that it was good. Thank goodness I walked around for over 7 hours! We only rode 3 rides, the rest of the time was walking or standing.

Yeah, I was surprised too haha I would have thought the regular size would be more like 700 and the king size....hmmm, 1200?? But nope, not THAT bad, for something so bad :devil: hehehe

And once a year won't kill you, and I'm sure you walked at least part of it off. Way to be! :drinker:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I have to say I've never had a deep fried twinkie, oreo, or candy bar. I am not happy about this...I guess I'll have to settle for a corn dog until I get my grubby little paws on one of these fair treats :devil:
  • yoopergirl
    yoopergirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The bad thing about living in NC, most of the fair foods are available year round. :explode: One of the new "foods" this year was bacon dipped in chocolate & FRIED BUTTER!!!!!!! I did not even try either of those. I will say I did well today too. Went to the mall w/a friend, walked for two hours & when we went to lunch had an egg white omelet w/chicken breast. Yea me!:flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    The bad thing about living in NC, most of the fair foods are available year round. :explode: One of the new "foods" this year was bacon dipped in chocolate & FRIED BUTTER!!!!!!! I did not even try either of those. I will say I did well today too. Went to the mall w/a friend, walked for two hours & when we went to lunch had an egg white omelet w/chicken breast. Yea me!:flowerforyou:
    fried butter and chocolate dipped bacon???? :huh: :sick: :sick: :sick: those 2 dont sound good lol