ATTACK OF THE CELLULITE!!!

Options

Replies

• OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    OVERWEIGHTLUVA Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have heard dry brushing your skin before a shower helps. i've also hear coconut oil is supossed to help. I just started doing these so I have no idea if they work with cellulite but I will say in the 2 weeks that i've been doing it my skin is super soft!!

Eating the Coconut Oil or rubbing it on you?
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later!! i'm only 19 and i've never been extremely overweight, but i feel like ever since i hit puberty it was like BAM helloooo cellulite! soooo not fair :( hopefully dropping some of the weight i have gained since going to college will help diminish the appearance!
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Keep the hope alive!
    I'll try anything :tongue:
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Soooo I'll probably get hounded about this...but I broke down and bought some of that fatgirlslim cream. I saw it in a magazine (Self or Glamor or something?) and decided to try it. It has caffeine in it, and you're supposed to massage it in for like 30 seconds. I can tell a difference...but I'm also doing some HIIT. Maybe the combination is helping?

The sick thing is...I BOUGHT A JAR OF THAT with good intentions like 2-3 years ago....BUT I wasnt working out at the time and was being EXTRA lazy so I never used it. I still have it but after all this time Im not sure if its still good or not.

The big question is that I've alwayshad with that is, if you stop using it will the cellulite come back?? Do you know?
    I've read that some cellulite creams work -- temporarily. -- for a few hours. I think someone called it the "Cinderella" effect.
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    My cellulite has decreased for sure. When I hit my highest weight, I had it on my arms and worse on my thighs, like I never had before. So far I've lost 30 lbs and my arms pretty much dont have cellulite anymore and my thigh cellulite has got back down to what it was before I got fat, which is a little, that i can handle, and at certain angles, lol. As far as my tummy, I had it there even when i was thin, so I think unless I magically somehow get six pack abs, it will be there.

Good luck and you'll never know until you get there, keep up your great work!

OOOOOO GOOD!!! Because I got a little on the back of my arms! BLUKK!

Do you happen to have before and after pictures of your arms and thighs that you could post?
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have it BAD on my back side and thighs I drink 8-14 glasses of water per day, workout, use coconut oil and more and it still seems to NOT go away... oh well I feel good now so guess it's just something I have to deal with!!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Aside from losing weight and drinking lots of water I haven't done anything to actually get rid of it but is has drastically improved!
    There is hope =]

Something I've noticed though with losing weight and things like that or stretch marks is as you look and feel better those little imperfects no not matter what so ever.

You've lost 40 pounds! Not everyone can put in the hard work and dedication that takes!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I hate my cellulite. It has spread since I gained weight. I remember when I first told my husband I hated it. He asked "what is cellulite?" I told him "it's that dimply crap I have on my butt and thighs". he replied "oh, I never knew what that was but I never cared that it's there either". I felt so good when he said that.

I still hate it though :mad:
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    I have cellulite just below my booty on the back of my upper thighs and I absolutely HATE IT. It's the only thing on my body that I'm super self conscious about. :( Even when I was at my smallest a few years ago (117 lbs and I'm 5'7") I still had some, but it was a lot less noticeable.

Dead lifts and cardio are your friends! Also, I have no clue if the two are related, but I stopped drinking coffee for about a month one time, and I noticed my cellulite diminished quite a bit.

Good luck, lady!

Well, I will DEF be incorporating the 'dead lifts' into my workout regime!!! I stopped the coffee awhile back since I only like a little coffee with my cream and sugar. I was a drag in the mornings for awhile but all in all it helped to lop off quite a bit of weight.
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've heard you can't really get rid of it, but drinking water helps with the appearance - I feel mine are more noticeable if I haven't been good about water. and I've heard muscle building can help reduce the appearance. They never really totally go away though

And the coffee itself may not be the issue - but if you aren't drinking coffee you may be drinking more hydrating stuff in its place? idk
  • Gemp2307
    Gemp2307 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm pretty slim even when i'm ten pounds heavier than my ideal weight and Im plagued with the stuff. I HATE IT.
  • liesl78
    liesl78 Posts: 35
    Options
    I've had cellulite on the backs of my thighs as well, but I can tell you that since I've lost weight & have been working out regularly it seems to be less noticeable. One thing I have tried & am still doing that seemed to have made a BIG difference is foam rolling. I saw it in a magazine article, might have been Woman's Day, that foam rolling for just 5 minutes or so a day on the area of your body where you have cellulite can drastically decrease it. I've already been foam rolling for my ITBS, so I figured I'd give it a shot & I can definitely see a difference! :) Good luck! :)

Off to get a foam roller....
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    Soooo I'll probably get hounded about this...but I broke down and bought some of that fatgirlslim cream. I saw it in a magazine (Self or Glamor or something?) and decided to try it. It has caffeine in it, and you're supposed to massage it in for like 30 seconds. I can tell a difference...but I'm also doing some HIIT. Maybe the combination is helping?

The sick thing is...I BOUGHT A JAR OF THAT with good intentions like 2-3 years ago....BUT I wasnt working out at the time and was being EXTRA lazy so I never used it. I still have it but after all this time Im not sure if its still good or not.

The big question is that I've alwayshad with that is, if you stop using it will the cellulite come back?? Do you know?
    I've read that some cellulite creams work -- temporarily. -- for a few hours. I think someone called it the "Cinderella" effect.

Welp, that sucks! Im gonna need more than "15 mins a fame"...lol
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Mine only reduced when I started rock climbing.
  • ninaquelinda
    ninaquelinda Posts: 136
    Options
    Mine seemed to go away when I was swimming a lot, but as soon as I stopped it came right back :( At least I have hope that it can go away and keeping up with enough exercise should keep it at bay!
  • omgzchristie
    Options
    I really hope the elliptical helps cut down on the appearance of my cellulite. I can't stand it! I mostly have it on the back of my thighs. Which really sucks for bikini season. I'm trying to drink more water, as I heard that helps diminish the appearance. I guess I'll just have to except that it won't ever fully disappear.
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Years ago when I was working out, I was thinner than now but still had cellulite on my legs, I drank alot of water and my cellulite definately looked way better, so I think that helps quite abit. Plus I was doing the treadmill alot.
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    Aside from losing weight and drinking lots of water I haven't done anything to actually get rid of it but is has drastically improved!
    There is hope =]

Something I've noticed though with losing weight and things like that or stretch marks is as you look and feel better those little imperfects no not matter what so ever.

You've lost 40 pounds! Not everyone can put in the hard work and dedication that takes!

I LOVE hearing that!! And you're right...40lbs has taken quite a bit of sacrifice and dedication. And I'm pretty sure 35lbs of that was from drinking PEPSI's (MY VICE!!!)...So, when I stopped drinking them the weight just started falling off. But Im just glad to hear from all of you that have seen improvement with the 'loss of cellulite'
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've been eating lemon peel/rind for mine. It's known to disperse cellulite and I can tell you IT WORKS!!

do you eat it on its own??? or in a recipe?
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    Mine seemed to go away when I was swimming a lot, but as soon as I stopped it came right back :( At least I have hope that it can go away and keeping up with enough exercise should keep it at bay!

Well, the more I read and think about it, my cellulite started appearing after I stopped taking Ballet classes and in turn stopped working out all together. I might resemble Rosanne Barr in a Leotard but if it'll strip me of this cellulite, ARABESQUES HERE I COME!!!! Let's just pray I dont break a 'kankle' :noway:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!