Flattening tummy looks gross

msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
As I lose weight, I'm realizing I have a small problem.
I've been overweight my entire life... I've never been able to consider myself thin. And now as my stomach is starting to shrink there are little wavy lines forming on my skin. I'm not sure how elastic the skin is since, like I said, I've ALWAYS been overweight. Is there something I can use to keep those wrinkles and wavy lines from forming? I have heard both cocoa butter and vitamin e cream help for stretch marks.. will these amount to the same thing?

Replies

• msarro
    As I lose weight, I'm realizing I have a small problem.
    I've been overweight my entire life... I've never been able to consider myself thin. And now as my stomach is starting to shrink there are little wavy lines forming on my skin. I'm not sure how elastic the skin is since, like I said, I've ALWAYS been overweight. Is there something I can use to keep those wrinkles and wavy lines from forming? I have heard both cocoa butter and vitamin e cream help for stretch marks.. will these amount to the same thing?
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    sounds like to me you have loose skin and there is nothing you can do about it unfortunately, but you can get a tummy tuck.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Hey buddy, just give it some time. Most likely your skin will tighten up, it just takes longer than it tkes to obliterate the fat under it. I have had success in working out, it seems that as the muscle builds the skin tightens up. As lovely Natasha also stated, you can always get cosmetic surgery, but I wouldn't do that unless things get crazy bad. :happy:

Tanning seems to help also, so you might try darkening your skin tone a bit. I had them for a while, but many of mine have almost disapeared. The most obvious ones are on my arms where I lifted really heavily a few years back and really stretched my skin.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    It takes time. You could try some creams, but most women have tried them and said they are pretty expensive and you can't tell if they worked.
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    I don't think much can help unfortunately there are many products claiming they can prevent stretch marks for example those aimed at pregnant woman I think it is supposed to make the skin more elastic but I don't think they work you either have elastic skin or not however stretch marks do fade with time so as you lose weight stretch marks will be very apparent but gradually as you maintain they will fade to silvery lines. Personally I will never wear a bikini again (I have had 3 large babies and gained plenty of trophy lines with each one) however a trick I use to make myself feel better is self tanning lotion it helps disguise stretch marks just a little.
    The best thing is to realise that ok you may have a few stretch marks but they are your reward for being healthy because your only other option is to stay overweight and that isn't the right choice.

Congratulations on your shrinking stomach keep going.
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Probably those expensive creams are not worth it but I think using a simple cheap body lotion (possibly firming) with some vitamins wouldn't hurt. At least when skin is hydrated it looks better.
  • Try Palmer's Firming Butter. I had a sample of it and I noticed a difference in about a week. I haven't been able to find it anywhere but the Palmer's website, though. So, now I'm using the Suave firming lotion after each shower and I'm still noticing a difference. I like the Palmer's better, though, because it's alot thicker and it does work better. Also I am one of those women who used the Palmer's Stretch Mark Creme (in the tube, not the pump) and my first baby was 7 lbs 6 oz and she was 3 weeks early and my second one was 8 lbs 11 oz. and I do not have a single stretch Mark on my belly. The inside of my thinghs looks like road maps, though, because I didn't know you could even get stretch marks there so I didn't use the lotion there. The stuff does work!!!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    your lucky that you're so young msarro, it should tighten up, it might take a year or two but it should. Be patient. You're still young enough to have a lot of elasticity in your skin. Make sure to get plenty of vitamins as they are what helps keep your skin healthy. If it was me on the other hand... I would be kinda SOL I think, after 30 things don't tend to "snap back" like they did in you're 20's.
  • msarro
    Thanks for the advice all. I'm going to just keep going at it like I am - besides, chicks dig scars, right? :laugh:

Honestly though, I'm taking my vitamins and drinking a ton of water, so hopefully that'll kick it up properly.