This is Taking TOOOO Long...

Options
I am feeling frustrated and I know I shouldn't be... but... honestly! This is taking TOO long!

I pass by the hall mirror whenever I'm tending chores and children and I catch my reflection... I'm still the same fat person I was yesterday. It feels like I'll always be like this! I'm tired of it!

Three weeks... and only four pounds!?

I feel as though I've been working so hard at this...

:grumble:

Sorry... Feeling impatient and negative I guess.

Carrie

Replies

• carrierella
    carrierella Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am feeling frustrated and I know I shouldn't be... but... honestly! This is taking TOO long!

I pass by the hall mirror whenever I'm tending chores and children and I catch my reflection... I'm still the same fat person I was yesterday. It feels like I'll always be like this! I'm tired of it!

Carrie
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    It takes one pound at a time. It does take forever.

One day you will catch your glimpse in the mirror and say "who is that"?

Trust me.

Oh, and if it was easy, everyone would do it.:tongue:
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i was feeling that way to on my 3rd week but i think the 4rth week your start loosing more pounds, after my 3rd week i lost 3 pounds so hang in there it will get better
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    oh yeah also i think the weight really starts coming off on the second month i dont know yet cause im on my 4th week but thats what i heard
  • flabbyguy
    flabbyguy Posts: 22
    Options
    Remember the most important thing.Slow and steady wins the race.Try not to have a deficit of any more than 1000 calories a day which should make you lose 2 pounds a week.Any more than this and you will probably slow or shut down your metabolism and not lose weight hadly at all.I find a good number is a deficit of 500 to 700 caloties a day and i lose 1 to 1.5 pounds a week.I know it may take years to lose a bunch of weight but you will likely then actually keep it off for good.Generally we put on the weight over a period of many years so it takes the same amount of time to take it off healthyly.Anyway best of luck to you....
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    Carrie, you'we lost almost 20% of what you wanted to loose! That's great! You were losing little more than one pound every week which is good - if it's quicker it unhealthy. You are doing it the right way, probably you feel better and healthier.

From my experience - mirrors are strange - one day they tell you're beautiful and next... well... not so much but it's just because you are having a bad day.
    Don't think so much about your weight. Do sth for yourself like read a good book, take a long bath or maybe change your hairstyle (a little spoil every now and then always makes woman fell better :flowerforyou: )
  • ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    Options
    Be patient! I know it seems like it's taking forever but in the end the results are the best! I've on this site for 3 1/2 months and have lost 21 pounds
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Be patient is exactly the correct answer. I know it sucks... but you have to remember - the weight didn't appear overnight. It won't go away overnight. You can do it!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I've lost 14 lbs in 7 months and am still at it. If I hadn't gone on a diet, I would have lost nothing.

Keep going. :bigsmile:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

Carrie

Mrs. Carrie, I know it feels like you are the same person you were yesterday, but look at it this way. You aren't the same person you were three weeks ago. In three more weeks, you won't be the same person you are today. Just keep the faith :wink: , you'll get there, and when you look back you'll say, 'Wow!!! My MFP family was right!, I should make them dinner!'

(Ok, I don't actually expect dinner, I just have eaten with a Mennonite family in my hometown and it was awesome!!! I can only expect the same from you :laugh: )
  • robynlee
    robynlee Posts: 13
    Options
    Be positive!! It's the most important thing!!
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options

Carrie

Don't give up!!! It was only in the 4th week that I started seeing results... especially if you are exercising because your building muscle. Those first 3 weeks I was so grumpy it was "steer clear" but keep going... you'll get over this hump. Don't look at the here and now - focus on who you want to be and keep striving for it.
  • carrierella
    carrierella Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU everyone.

You're the greatest. I'm glad I've found MFP!

I'm going to trust your words, and keep pressing on!

Carrie
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    It took you years to put it on, right? SO if you can take it off in just 1 year....... that's AMAZING! Hang in there, I know just how you feel!:flowerforyou:
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! YOu hang in there. It takes time and I bet your body is toning and looking better. It's not all about the scale:smile:
  • InaBluMoon
    Options
    :mad: :laugh: I am 61 yrs. young and need to lose 50 + pounds. I hit the gym 3x's a week. And now for some insane reason I joined the Bikini Challenge 2 x's a week. We burn 500-800 calories and kill ourselves for 45 minutes of the most intensive workout ever! The average age is 27 and then there is me.

I strictly stick to my 1200 calories a day. So far I'm averaging only .6 loss a week but guess what!

It took years to get here and now it will come off slowly but where would I be otherwise? Not losing, that's for sure. So don't get discouraged as we all lose at our own pace. The "younger people" at my Bikini challege average 2-4 pounds a week.

I do not plan on wearing a bikini:laugh: just getting healthy AND I plan on winning with the biggest fat loss. BMI. This is a 3 month challenge.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Carrie if you're losing a least one pound a week, you're doing good! You didn't gain that weight overnight and you're not going to lose it overnight. Don't let yourself get so discouraged that you just give up. I know you're not supposed to focus so much on the numbers, but I do keep track of the weight I've lost on paper and when I see that I started out at 178 and now weight 160 I can see the progress I've made. You stay on this weight loss program girlfriend. I know it can get discouraging but if you keep going you're going to be so glad you did when you reach your goal. And you will reach it. We're all here for you. DON'T GIVE UP! :flowerforyou:
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i have lost just over 10 kg about 22 lb in one year i was hopeing for more as when i started i was going like guns and my formal dress wasnt fitting me etc and i feel i have gone no where but im keeping going as i dont want to put on what i lost or more so for me thats my motivation even though i look in the mirror i still see the fat chick i was even though others have noticed i have lost weight i just cant see it doesnt help that tops at the moment are freaken short so shows off my tummy that seems to heading south faster than my boobs lol id say stop looking in the mirror i have mostly that is and as long as you are loosing abit at a time all is good dont forget to measure as well as that will show the big picture.

my mom says to remember this "think about how long it took to put it on " and its safer to go slow realy dont want to send the body into shock do we.

i think also it helps me that i had a breast reduction and now looking back i think i should have had counseling as i lost so much of them compared to what i was and i dont think subconcousely i came to terms with it like i was happy i did it but part of me was like now who am i. :smile:

keep going youll love yourself for it in the end
  • Elvidnir
    Elvidnir Posts: 23
    Options
    I agree!
    I hate being patient, but let's just look at it as a test of willpower and "stick-to-it-iveness"!:flowerforyou: