Who feels they wil stil be a big girl after their weightloss

Options
NiSan12
NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
I know it sounds crazy but I feel that way. Would love some feedback on this one.

Replies

• scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I did. I'm very muscular and had such massive arms and legs that I felt I'd never be a "tiny" girl. I always said that I was big boned and wouldn't be able to change that (obviously!). I decided that I just wanted to be healthier and not really care what the scale said, so just ate less of what I was eating and tried minimal exercise. Plus starting this at 35 was not ideal.

Then my body starting going through dramatic changes. My hips became narrow and my legs -- while still muscular -- started dropping a lot of fat. My stomach flattened (still had fat on it, but it wasn't bloated) and eventually my arms got smaller. That's when I started to get serious about it and realized that this wasn't all for naught and my body will transform. And it did. And now I'm much smaller than I ever imagined. I'm also much stronger and disciplined.

Don't go into it thinking that you'll end up super small -- just go into knowing that you'll be healthier than you are and likely smaller. Either way, you're going to be here in a year, so by exercising and eating properly, you can enjoy the rest of your life -- no matter what size you are.
  • steamyhott
    steamyhott Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh your not alone!!!. I have dropped from 236 to 173.2 and still see myself 236. If I look at a picture of me then and now I see that difference but I still look HUGE. I know I have changed a lot but it's still what I see. Actually I am still big for my height I am only 5 1 so 173 is still big.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Me me me me me! I'm very muscular, and you can already see my ribs on the sides and my hip bones in front and I'm not down to my goal weight yet. I still feel huge even though I've lost 26lbs. Kinda sucks. :grumble:
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I still feel like I'm the same size as before I started. I look at myself in mirrors and generally think that, too. But, a wierd thing happened to me last week. I was at a convention and suddenly saw myself on tape once and walking toward a reflective door another time. Both times, I had to do a double take, because it didn't look like my image of me at all. But it was me. I'd like to say it made me feel good, but it actually kinda wierded me out. It was like those stories of looking into a mirror and seeing yourself but thinking that's someone else there. My eyes and clothes, someone else's body.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    ME. I have always been "big"
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    me!!! I'm 6' tall I have (uk) size 9 feet and I'm very broad across the shoulders . . .I can't imagine EVER feeling small. I feel loads better and healthier after losing 70lbs but I've got a long way to go.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I went from around 160 to being 125, and I still feel like I look chubby, but with no boobs. I actually, feel fatter some days. When I feel this way, I pull out old dresses that are literally falling off of my body now, and it helps me see that i am in fact much smaller.
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have those days where I look in the mirror and say daaang girl you look good today and then other days I feel like I'm right back to being 30 lbs heavier. One thing that helps me is trying on a couple of pieces from when I was heavier and realizing how big they are. I must say it's been a little more challenging getting myself to mentally change than physically! Just take it one day at a time though!
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options
    Me, Me, Me, I was looking at pictures of me from last year when I had gotten down to 220 and I remember taking those pictures only because I felt so fat and disgusting and I remember I was disgusted by the photos.. and now I look at them 30-40 pounds heavier and think how could I be so stupid lol I was kind of small I was almost there out of the 200 I should have stayed on track...

Emotionally: It will be weird, I've always been big, I don't know what to expect from guys and people in general it will be new...

Physically: I think I am big boned...aka large framed I have big boobs and thighs an okay buttock lol but I know when I was 20 and 300+ pounds I had perky E's and now I have not so perky D-DD's I expect to have sagging and bagging Bs lol and saggy thighs..I honestly don't care though...it will be a happily received accomplishment "gift" lol..
  • jessgarr27
    jessgarr27 Posts: 78
    Options
    I do .. I lost 30,pounds but I know mentaly how Much more needs to go so I still see the big girl .. sucks but I took some before pics I hope they help when I lose the rest ;)
  • jade1108
    jade1108 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    same, no matter how much I lose I will always say I am fat, I think I will still look fat at goal :( x
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not a girl, but I feel just about the same at 201 as I did at 275. It's weird. I know I've lost weight, but I still feel huge. I'm hoping time and hitting my goal weight will change that.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    ME, because regardless of weight, I am frequently the biggest person in the room at 5'11". I will ALWAYS be ginormous!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I am afraid that I will ALWAYS think of myself that way....self-image is the goal after i get myself back in a workout routine.
  • rebecca_d35
    rebecca_d35 Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm 5'10 with size 12 feet. People sometimes describe me as "willowy" but I feel like a lumbering giant. I'm also catastrophically clumsy, which doesn't help.