Looking for committed MFP friends

Options
I am looking for committed MFP friends. I would like to add you as a friend if you log on daily and are willing to offer and receive advice, support, and encouragement. I am looking for friends that eat nutritious, real food (not processed garbage) and are committed to losing weight. I am 42, a mother of 2 boys (18 and 11), I work full time and commute 45 minutes each way. I don't like excuses and I don't spend my time in the drive-thru lane! I make time to exercise and to cook healthy meals. I joined MFP on January 22, 2012. I've lost 40.8 lbs (still have about 55 to go) and am now running up to 6 miles at least once a week. I will be running in my 4th 5K this Saturday. If you are like minded, please send me a friend request and tell me a bit about yourself.

Replies

• holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request! I don't make excuses anymore either. And I mostly eat real food. :)
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I sent a request also! I started Paleo recently and havent eaten processed food for awhile and already feeling better. =-) I think Im also addicted to this site so I'll be here for awhile. lol
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me request if ud like. I'm so committed
  • denise4230
    denise4230 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    your life sounds like mine, I'm 47, 3 kids 18 to 23, and I commute an hour to work. I work out regularly and eat pretty healthy (I'll be the first to admit I am not perfect with my diet). I sent a friend request.
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    Any of you feel free to add me. I log everyday and try to comment on every page atleast once a day, with 5 kids I don't always have a lot of time, but do my best! I LOVE MFP!!!
  • tracyknerrer
    tracyknerrer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Denise: I don't eat perfect either. I just want friends that aren't eating their calories in cupcakes and McDonalds. I know a few people that are all about the calories and not the quality of the food they are putting in their mouth. These few are also the first to complain and cannot comprehend why they are not losing weight! I typically eat Subway for lunch once a week. My family may eat out once a month. But I don't overindulge and I always plan ahead.
  • lcbskinny
    lcbskinny Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi. I'm Linda. I just started about a week ago. I'm trying to be committed but I have such a long road ahead of me that I have given up. I think I fail because I set goals that I cannot reach and because I entirely change the foods that I eat. When I'm eating foods I wouldn't normally eat and then think of the long road ahead of me I fail. I know how to eat right and I know how to loose weight, I just have to put the two together and hopefully that will be a winning combination. I've given myself a year to lose what ever amount of weight I can.
  • boweed70
    boweed70 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Very few topics grab my attention the way yours did, Tracy.

I have changed my eating habits and am getting addicted to working out. I stopped with the negativity and excuses. I allowed myself to gain all this extra weight. Now, I'm becoming healthier because I choose to live a healthier lifestyle.

Friend request sent. If anyone else on this topic would like to add me as a friend, you're more than welcome.
  • michaelfurey
    Options
    Hey, if you want to talk about P90X, Triathlon, eating right, juicing, and anything else health related, add me!
  • boweed70
    boweed70 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Linda. I just started about a week ago. I'm trying to be committed but I have such a long road ahead of me that I have given up. I think I fail because I set goals that I cannot reach and because I entirely change the foods that I eat. When I'm eating foods I wouldn't normally eat and then think of the long road ahead of me I fail. I know how to eat right and I know how to loose weight, I just have to put the two together and hopefully that will be a winning combination. I've given myself a year to lose what ever amount of weight I can.

I have a long way to go, too. I'd fallen into the diet trap over the past couple of years with little to no success. This is so much conflicting information out there. Information overload!! Everyone wants to sell you their 'clinically tested, fool-proof, can't miss method to rid you of fat forever!" What they don't tell you is that you don't really need the $60 bottle of pills (that give you headaches and make you dart to the bathroom after every meal) or the $120 set of DVDs (that you'll watch once and put into storage). MFP has turned me around and pointed me in the right direction.

I've been vigilant on keeping my food diary and have been exercising regularly. I lost a whole 2 lbs in the first 3 weeks since I joined. You'd think that would be depressing, right? Not at all. My workouts were strength training 3x/week, so I knew I was gaining muscle. AND, my clothes are fitting better. As a matter of fact, I have almost backed into a new wardrobe! I have more stamina and can be active for longer periods throughout the day. I hopped on the scale this morning and, to my utter delight, was down another 3 lbs! I am stoked for the rest of the day and am looking forward to working out tomorrow morning.

@icbskinny ... I think we can help each other. Friend request sent.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. My profile says what my intentions on MFP are. My pet peeve is adding folks who want support but not give it back. If you're one of "those" types, don't bother. Know what I mean?

Thanks!
  • shrinkingturtle
    Options
    I am totally here for you. I am just getting started and would love to have the same thing.
  • tracyknerrer
    tracyknerrer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    boweed: I completely agree with everything you have said. I've attempted a plethora of weight loss programs in the past. The only program that worked was Weight Watchers. WW works because they teach you to eat real food and to exercise. The social aspect of meetings and accountability of stepping on the scale in the presence of your leader and other members is also a huge factor. However, I don't always have the time to sit in on a meeting and it is often tough for someone on a budget to keep up with the cost of being a member. I quit WW 4 years ago and returned to my old habits. I joined MFP in January with a new attitude. I have all the tools to succeed with no costs or gimmicks! My problem wasn't eating junk food or fast food, my problem was too much food. My job keeps me very busy during the majority of the year, but I needed to make a commitment to daily exercise. I don't belong to a gym and I don't own any fancy equipment. To date, I've been very successful in my weight loss journey and I owe it to the support and encouragement I've received on MFP. Thanks to all my friends new and old!
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request. I have made a committment to log in everyday and walk at least 30 min a day. I also avoid process foods and stopped going to the drive thru about 10 years ago. My favorite place to hang out is at farmers markets and since I live in Los Angeles, I can easily hit a different farmers market weekly or hit more than one farmers market weekly. If anyone wants to send a friend request, feel free.