Protein muffins anyone?

Options
Leslie85
Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
I was wondering if anyone had any good recipes for protein muffins? I'm getting tired of Greek yogurt for breakfast, but still need something quick and easy I can grab on my way out the door and eat at work. I figured muffins are easy to make in batches and grab on the go!

I love most kind any of muffin- chocolate, banana, anything with cinnamon is great too! Just give me anything and everything ya got!!

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm....muffins. I'd like a good recipe, too!

I did a quick Google search and found these, and they sound yummy:

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/banana-bread-protein-muffins/
  • Jauryn
    Jauryn Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oh I'd love some good recipes for this too; I don't want to get burned out on greek yogurt either.
  • Leslie85
    Options
    Mmmmmm....muffins. I'd like a good recipe, too!

I did a quick Google search and found these, and they sound yummy:

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/banana-bread-protein-muffins/

Sounds tasty! Not gonna lie, I'd probably throw a few chocolate chips in there :)

Keep them coming people! I'd love to hear about some that people have made, tasted, and liked!
  • investingmimi
    investingmimi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello can anyone tell me if there is any merit using fruit sugar which is a bit more natural than aspartame in cooking. Thanks.
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    Here is a recipe for some high protein muffins:

1/2 C Atkins (or any kind) wheat flour
    3 scoops Whey protein (chocolate for chocolate muffins!)
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 Cup Splenda
    1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa
    2 eggs
    1 cup milk (almond or skim)
    1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Combine wet and dry ingredients seperately - then add the wet into the dry.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes in muffin tins...

My kids even eat these!

You can substitute different protein flavors, and also the unsweetened cocoa for a package of sf pudding mix (cheesecake is yummy!) for different flavors. I also have sf Davinci Syrups to add for a little splash of flavor.
  • janinebudgell
    janinebudgell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Add Chia seeds to any low cal and fat recipe. You can not taste them and they are packed with protien. be sure to soak them in water before adding to make sure the seeds membrane is damaged in order to get all the good stuff into your body.

Secondly add 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder for every cup of flour and 1 tbs of no sugar added apple sauce to keep them moist.

good luck :)
  • flobee76
    flobee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    now i will say.. I haven't tried it yet.. However i do plan on making them this weekend..

Ingredients
    1 can or 2 cups boiled chickpeas
    2 grated carrots
    2 tsp nutritional yeast
    2 tsp poppy seeds
    1 tsp olive oil
    Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
    In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients, except the poppy seeds, until you get a doughy consistency. Evenly drop spoonfuls of dough into muffin pan. Top with poppy seeds and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Try fritatta muffins:

Put a few tablespoons of sauteed veggies with a bit of cheese in a muffin cup and add scrambled egg until the cup is two thirds full. Bake at 350 until a knife inserted into each muffin comes out clean. You may need to rotate the pan after about 10 mins if your oven 10doesn't heat evenly.

Increase veggies to reduce calories. Add lean meat (chicken sausage, turkey bacon, etc) to increase protein.

Suggested filling mixtures: sauteed spinach or brocolli / feta cheese, sauteed peppers and onions / cheddar cheese, diced tomates and green chiles / cheddar cheese

You can make these in advance and just grab one in the morning. If you are reheating in a microwave, use 50% power.
  • ara005
    ara005 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Leslie85
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll definitely be trying some of these!

The fritatta sounds really good too!
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Some amazing suggestions - thank you!! Can't wait to try them out!! :happy:
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Add Chia seeds to any low cal and fat recipe. You can not taste them and they are packed with protien. be sure to soak them in water before adding to make sure the seeds membrane is damaged in order to get all the good stuff into your body.

Secondly add 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder for every cup of flour and 1 tbs of no sugar added apple sauce to keep them moist.

good luck :)

You can also add a scoop of unflavored protein powder if vanilla is not conducive to your recipe.

I think a pumpkin protein muffin with cinnamon and pecans would be the bomb.

Now i just need to find a recipe!
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    I have a good breakfast cookie recipe- not too sweet and relatively high in protein. If you are interested, I can post it later.
  • BrendaThornton
    Options
    Here is a recipe that I made up:

Put the following in a blender:

1 banana
    1/2 cup oat flour
    1 egg
    1/4 cup soy milk
    1 tsp. vanilla
    You can add a little honey or drizzle a little over the top.

Blend well and add 1/4 cup walnuts. I blend these for a short time.. Makes about 7 muffins.

329 Cal. 51 carbs 9 fat 15 Protein (For all 7 muffins)
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Some really good ideas...the frittata ones sounds delicious!
    I make several different ones from bodybuilding.com that Jamie Eason has recipes for:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-recipes-main-page.html
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    bump, this is just the thing I'm looking for : )
  • caitieck
    caitieck Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    These are amazing and you can put just about anything in them!

http://everydaypaleo.com/2010/03/24/egg-cupcakes/
  • Leslie85
    Options
    Some really good ideas...the frittata ones sounds delicious!
    I make several different ones from bodybuilding.com that Jamie Eason has recipes for:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-recipes-main-page.html

Thanks everyone! I'll be trying some of these for the upcoming week! I'm eating the last cup of Greek yogurt that I had in my fridge (blah!) I still like it...I've just had SO much of it!

And thanks debwaid for that link! That Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread Recipe looks amazing!!