ATTACK OF THE CELLULITE!!!

Options

Replies

• marie_8888
    marie_8888 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used to have A LOT of cellulite, with major blood circulation problems. Last year, I found out I was lactose intolerant. After I stopped eating dairies, I noticed a huge improvement on my acne and a little bit on my cellulite, in January this year, I stopped taking birth control, HUGE improvement, about a month ago I started doing a combo of the Brazil butt lift and 30 days shred. You can see the difference after 10 days on my profile picture. My naturopath told me to add 1tbsp of flax oil to each meal to reduce cellulite, I did that as well. I just took a picture of my butt for you but have no clue how you post pictures on this, I'll try to figure it out later.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Sorry, at the time I realized I had cellulite on my upper arms and stomach, I shied away from the cameras, so no pictures! I was well in the 130lbs range then.

Once I came down to 120lbs, those disappeared but my cellulite in my thighs are still there.

The only way to get rid of cellulite is to shrink the fat cells through weight loss combined with exercise. If the fat in your body is unproportionately distributed, those areas with cellulite may never go away.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Soooo I'll probably get hounded about this...but I broke down and bought some of that fatgirlslim cream. I saw it in a magazine (Self or Glamor or something?) and decided to try it. It has caffeine in it, and you're supposed to massage it in for like 30 seconds. I can tell a difference...but I'm also doing some HIIT. Maybe the combination is helping?

caffine helps, you can actually take the warm coffee grounds from your morning coffee and use that as an exfoliant and it's supposed to help

http://www.livestrong.com/article/98727-benefits-coffee-skin-care/
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    The only thing that helps my cellulite look better is dimming the lights....until it's completely dark....
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    there is thread on here somewhere about sexy legs...there is a girl on there that was loaded with it and now its gone...
  • ellesoul
    ellesoul Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You CAN reduce it with heavy lifting... I've seen a LOT of transformations with women who have little to no visible cellulite, who started off with a TON of dents and dimples.

I have cellulite in my legs and it's drastically reduced mainly from squats and deadlifts (regular and straight legged)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Mine has reduced drastically since I started weight lifting. It's much smoother and firmer. Don't get me wrong ..... there is still some there, but I kinda have to push on my legs to see it, instead of when I'm just standing there.

This. :smile: I still have some - especially in the dressing room at Kohls! - but it's a lot less than it was. Heck, for that matter, I had cellulite when I was a very skinny teenager.

I wish I had a photo of my bum when I started losing weight, but I didn't take any pictures until I'd already lost about 20 pounds.

I've posted this before and I'm sure there's folks sick of seeing it, but here goes... I started strength training in July around the time the middle picture was taken.

11pounds.jpg
  • Sinz2011
    Sinz2011 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I cant speak for everyone, but i have definately seen a change in the cellulite. Compared to the begining and having been doin 30DS two rounds I have seen an approx 30%-40% decrease in cellulite on my thighs. I think weight loss accompanied by equivilant strength traning helps the cause... as per my experience.

:)
  • angella_zumba
    Options
    Sorry hun... will never completely go away.. but if you eat right and exercise it will help.. Also when you have a tan it looks better.. Some creams do work a little but you have to use them all the time.. I have heard too that you can use coffee grinds... lol.. I am gonna try soon! Just take a shower and rub coffee grinds on the area.... sounds crazy I know!
  • misskate719
    misskate719 Posts: 92
    Options
    I used to have HORRIBLE cellulite, on my tummy, and thighs espically- i stopped eating ALL greasy and fried foods, chips, junk, etc and work out on the elliptical 5 days a week, and do squats with weights and my cellulite is 97% gone.... i dont believe its impossible to get rid off....just ALOT of willpower and dedication does the trick.
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    OVERWEIGHTLUVA Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I dont think you can completely get rid of it but you can significantly reduce it by drinking lots of water, doing lots of cardio and like someone else said getting massages. Also you should get some Neoprene shorts or pants when you do exersise and lather up some cream that will help you sweat alot. This will definetely help and of couse, good eating habits.

Havent heard of 'Neoprene' shorts either.....I'll have to look those up too!! Sounds worth trying....as long as it doesn't flatten my booty. My booty still 'pokes' out quite nicely...and Im trying to do my best to keep it lol
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    I don't have any pics (I don't think my hubby wanted me to post any AND I don't like me on camera yet), but I've been doing 30DS Level 3 for almost 15 days & I've noticed my thighs aren't as dimpley as they were 15 days ago!! Still a work in progress & I'm hoping & praying for a huge difference in 15 more days!! Also, I live in Wisconsin so when all else fails - tan!!....fat looks better tan :laugh:
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    I used to have A LOT of cellulite, with major blood circulation problems. Last year, I found out I was lactose intolerant. After I stopped eating dairies, I noticed a huge improvement on my acne and a little bit on my cellulite, in January this year, I stopped taking birth control, HUGE improvement, about a month ago I started doing a combo of the Brazil butt lift and 30 days shred. You can see the difference after 10 days on my profile picture. My naturopath told me to add 1tbsp of flax oil to each meal to reduce cellulite, I did that as well. I just took a picture of my butt for you but have no clue how you post pictures on this, I'll try to figure it out later.

I'll have to try the flax seed oil too. I've heard it has other great benefits too!
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    And ANYONE feel free to ADD ME!!! I need all the positive, informative, encouraging people I can get!!!
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    Mine has reduced drastically since I started weight lifting. It's much smoother and firmer. Don't get me wrong ..... there is still some there, but I kinda have to push on my legs to see it, instead of when I'm just standing there.

This. :smile: I still have some - especially in the dressing room at Kohls! - but it's a lot less than it was. Heck, for that matter, I had cellulite when I was a very skinny teenager.

I wish I had a photo of my bum when I started losing weight, but I didn't take any pictures until I'd already lost about 20 pounds.

I've posted this before and I'm sure there's folks sick of seeing it, but here goes... I started strength training in July around the time the middle picture was taken.

11pounds.jpg

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!! YAY!! And I can see the difference!!!....
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    Soooo I'll probably get hounded about this...but I broke down and bought some of that fatgirlslim cream. I saw it in a magazine (Self or Glamor or something?) and decided to try it. It has caffeine in it, and you're supposed to massage it in for like 30 seconds. I can tell a difference...but I'm also doing some HIIT. Maybe the combination is helping?

caffine helps, you can actually take the warm coffee grounds from your morning coffee and use that as an exfoliant and it's supposed to help

http://www.livestrong.com/article/98727-benefits-coffee-skin-care/
    I just had a crazy idea....maybe I could take a hot bath with a bunch of coffee grounds in it....hmmmmm it's worth a try!
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I dont think you can completely get rid of it but you can significantly reduce it by drinking lots of water, doing lots of cardio and like someone else said getting massages. Also you should get some Neoprene shorts or pants when you do exersise and lather up some cream that will help you sweat alot. This will definetely help and of couse, good eating habits.

Havent heard of 'Neoprene' shorts either.....I'll have to look those up too!! Sounds worth trying....as long as it doesn't flatten my booty. My booty still 'pokes' out quite nicely...and Im trying to do my best to keep it lol
    I dont think it will flatten your booty. Definitely worth trying. Just goggle them and make sure you get the high waist ones, that have a zipper. They are about $20-$30. Use them with a fat burning cream. I have two pairs and always use them when exercising and have really noticed a difference in my tummy. And remember Water, Water, Water!
  • airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have said it before to these picture and I will say it again, OMG... I can't believe the difference weight lifting makes. I am just about to start stage 2 of NROL4W and I have lost nothing on the scale, but in just six weeks of lifting heavy 3x a week, running intervals for 35 minutes 1x a week and yoga 1x a week I have lost 2 inches and 1% body fat. Take that SCALE!!!!

Hang in there girl the more fat you lose and the tighter you get you will see the cellulite disappear, it may always be there under the skin but if you cant see it then you wont care. I also find that using a good lotion helps just the over all appearance of my skin, along with drinking water.
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I cant speak for everyone, but i have definately seen a change in the cellulite. Compared to the begining and having been doin 30DS two rounds I have seen an approx 30%-40% decrease in cellulite on my thighs. I think weight loss accompanied by equivilant strength traning helps the cause... as per my experience.

:)

Agreed..Same here!
  • JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    Body brushing. Ttapp has a system that works not only for cellulite but loose skin as well. Q
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!