Non dairy breakfast ideas

Options
madalikat
madalikat Posts: 4
i need some non dairy breakfast suggestions....I always have fruit but I can't have any dairy...and wheat/breads are my weakness so I'd like to stay away from them....what's left? Lol

Replies

• jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Can you use Almond or Soy Milk? Egg whites? Soy breakfast meat?
    Or - just eat whatever you can have, and call it breakfast. No one said Breakfast time isn't allowed to have a piece of chicken.
  • kristybenner
    kristybenner Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I cannot have dairy for the first 4 hours of the day (medication reasons). I am having a hard time finding breakfast things that are non dairy also. I do end up with fruit alot but doesnt fill me at all. I have stepped into cereal and almond milk. that is good. I microwave turkey bacon and put it in a whole wheat tortilla with veggies.

I would like to see ideas people have (besides tofu, we dont get along)
  • kristybenner
    kristybenner Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i think i am going to start doing that route with grilled chicken because its easy to cook a bunch and take it to go in pieces in a bag. good idea.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter? Also, look for ideas from other cuisines. In many cultures, beans and rice is a normal breakfast, for example.
  • bigpenguin570
    bigpenguin570 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    how about a egg white and veg fritata, or scramled? oatbran hot cereal w/ fruit?
  • lsorensen130
    lsorensen130 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I always have a protein shake in the morning. Strawberries, blueberries, banana, scoop of protein powder, and water.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love Breakfast! Here are some of the regular things I have been eating that have helped me in my fitness, weight loss and overall health:

Silk Almond Milk - love it love it love it

Power Oatmeal - Silk Almond milk (1.5 cups) Quaker 1 minute Oatmeal (1cup), 1 bananna, 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal, 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts, one teaspoon cinnamon sugar - SOOO good!

Turkey sausage - awesome

Bolthouse fruit smoothie drinks

Egg Beaters or Better than Eggs - Love em!

Almond Butter on half of a whole wheat bagel!!!
  • inraptorswetrust
    inraptorswetrust Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    scrambled tofu, granola, oatmeal (with soy/almond/rice milk or water), fresh fruit, nuts, grilled veggies
  • nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have orange juice on my cereal because i don't have milkand i really like it. hope this helps
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Eggs? Oatmeal?

I haven't seen it for awhile, but I got this recipe off here awhile back
    1/4 c. quick oats
    1 egg
    tbs of milk/could probably use almond milk or water-just for moisture
    sweetener of some kind (I use stevia)
    Handful of frozen fruit
    Put it all in a mug and microwave for 1min 30 sec (thats how long mine takes anyway)
    Quick and filling :)
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I often just eat leftovers... whether that's chicken or steak or whatever. It's just another meal, it doesn't have to be "breakfast" food!

But more breakfasty suggestions- eggs in 2389754892 different ways, protein shake, smoothie, fruit, sausage or bacon in small quantities since those usually aren't too healthy... v8 juice?
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I make overnight oats. Rolled oats soaked in almond milk overnight in the fridge and you can add nuts, bananas, raisings, and any fruit you want. You can eat it cold or warm it up :)
  • 17DayDietGal
    17DayDietGal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No dairy, but can you use liquid eggs? (I know, stooopid question) If so, why not make protein pancakes:

2 large eggs or 1/2 cup liquid eggs
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
    1/2 Tbsp flaxseed meal

Combine everything and mix well; let sit for about 7 minutes to let the flax thicken the batter up.

I use this to make waffles.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Egg whites
    Oats
    Cereal without milk
  • garychristy25
    Options
    you find the protein shake helps with hunger cravings around lunch time?
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Get one of those boiled egg makers and use egg beaters. These come out as hard boiled eggs less the yolk. chop up with a slice of avacado and some seasoning of choice and a piece of toast.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    egg and veggie omellete, oatmeal, fruit with peanut butter, granola, nuts and berries
  • monstercakes
    monstercakes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    smoothies, oatmeal made with water, fresh fruit, toast with vegan margarine
    :)