Is the belt accurate?

Options
Luc245
Luc245 Posts: 73
I purchased a new belt recently because my other ones became too big even after all the extra holes I punched in them. I purchased this belt so that I would be using the first hole thinking it would last me a long time but now I find myself to be on the second to last hole (there are 6 in total) and that's even starting to feel too loose.... I am not losing very many lbs recently but I am working out a lot and eating well and so I wonder if the belt is stretching somehow? Do belts grow longer or is it more likely that I am losing inches? I've travelled 3-4 holes in about two months

Thank you :)

Replies

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    What type of material is it made out of? I'm guessing you're just losing inches.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    A leather belt won't stretch that much. I have no doubt you're just losing inches off the middle. It sounds like you're doing awesome because at the end of the day people don't really care about the number on the scale. What really matters is inches lost around the middle.
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I always tell myself this whenever my jeans get baggier. I always believe the jeans are stretching out from use and never that it's because I'm losing inches.
  • Luc245
    Luc245 Posts: 73
    Options
    What type of material is it made out of? I'm guessing you're just losing inches.

I don't know. I imagine it must be leather or fake leather. It's Tommy Hilfiger but wasn't very expensive.
    A leather belt won't stretch that much. I have no doubt you're just losing inches off the middle. It sounds like you're doing awesome because at the end of the day people don't really care about the number on the scale. What really matters is inches lost around the middle.

Thank you! That makes me feel better, I hope that's the case. I am always happy when I can move another notch over but there is a part of me that wonders if I am shrinking or the belt is growing :P