HIIT

Options
ehwilson
ehwilson Posts: 19 Member
I just started doing HIITs (High Intensity Interval Training). Does anyone else complete these workouts? If so, I am wondering how you log them?

Replies

• becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I wear my heart rate monitor for everything!
  • bfitnbfab
    bfitnbfab Posts: 79
    Options
    I wear my HRM and just log it as circuit training, general for MFP purposes. I have a separate log for my HIT sessions.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I enter it as its own thing. And I wear my heart rate monitor to figure out calories burned.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Honestly if you are making a commitment to a fitness lifestyle I would invest in an HRM. Makes logging that much easier.
  • keish84
    keish84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I started doing HIIT with turbo fire. I log it as cardiovascular and ues a HRM to track the calorie burn. Hope that helps.
  • wboswell88
    wboswell88 Posts: 31
    Options
    I do mine on the treadmill and convert my seconds running/jogging to minutes and then put it in at whatever speed i was going. If i run on my own i pretty much guesstimate my speed. I need to get a heart rate monitor to make it easier and more exact.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM, track as cardio. I list what exercises I did, too.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I log it as running or cycling or stairclimbing... If I did 60 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill (2 mins hard, 1 min rest) I would enter that as 40 minutes of running and 20 minutes or walking or hiking.
  • ejechols
    ejechols Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I do. The most I can handle is 35 minutes, and about 13 intervals. I I change up the equipment though: elliptical, treadmill, bike, and circuit. I usually finish out the hour with a run on the treadmill at 5 mph.

IMO, if you can do it for longer, your high intensity intervals aren't hard enough.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I use my body media fit but a HR monitor will work!
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I enter a manual entry using my HRM information. I also downloaded an interval timer for my phone. I really like it. It is "Gymboss". That way I don't have to try to keep track with the timer on the machine. I am usually trying to concentrate on breathing! :) I usually do my HIIT workouts on the stairmaster or spin bike.
  • bfitnbfab
    bfitnbfab Posts: 79
    Options
    IMO, if you can do it for longer, your high intensity intervals aren't hard enough.
    True Dat
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    True Dat
    Totally Agree! I am ready to fall off that stairmaster after 16 minutes! People at the gym look at me funny when I up the level to 15 for 30 seconds. I'm pretty much running up those stairs and sweating buckets!