love carbs, need suggestions

Options
One of my biggest weaknesses are bread and pasta. I am looking for a low carb version of both. Any suggestions?

Replies

• sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Just eat whole grains and in moderation :) I love my carbs I just try to stay under my macro for the day :)
  • willowautumn07
    willowautumn07 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use Miracle Noodles, they don't taste exactly like regular noodles but I can handle the substitute to still eat pasta. For bread I am not sure but for wraps I use La Tortilla Factory wraps they have a few different low carb high fiber options. Hope this helps
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest weaknesses are bread and pasta. I am looking for a low carb version of both. Any suggestions?
    You can make your own noodles out of zucchini or cucumber. My girlfriend makes a really good lasagna using thin slices zucchini, sliced lengthwise. I have heard of kitchen gizmos that you can buy that will make other shapes of noodles out of your zucchini, too, but i haven't tried them. Spaghetti squash makes good spaghetti noodles.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    You can make your own noodles out of zucchini or cucumber. My girlfriend makes a really good lasagna using thin slices zucchini, sliced lengthwise. I have heard of kitchen gizmos that you can buy that will make other shapes of noodles out of your zucchini, too, but i haven't tried them. Spaghetti squash makes good spaghetti noodles.

Sounds like PROCESSING!

onoz-omg.gif

According to the nonsensical rationale you've posted in other threads, this would make it bad for you.
  • Just_G
    Just_G Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Jorgs...I've been substituting iceberg lettuce as my bread for most all sandwichs. And for the pasta, everything is good in moderation, portion control is key, have what you want just keep your amount to the size of your palm.
  • 4jrgy
    4jrgy Posts: 6
    Options
    believe it or not, i too, have been using lettuce instead of bread...you should hear the crap I get from others. surprisingly, it has been satisfying.