AM Workouts are GREAT!

Options
sweetpea03b
sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
Okay... I know... you're not a morning person, right? Neither am I but I just decided...I have to do it. My days are so long... I have to drive 1hr to get to and from work so by the time I get home I am dead! I thought... if only I could squeeze in my workout in the mornings.... then I would have so much more time in the evenings.....

Granted, today was only my first day with my new routine... but I feel great! I am energized... I'm awake... I feel accomplished! Best of all... when I get home... I can relax! And... I feel so great... I think I'm going to go for a little walk on my lunch!

Replies

• shannahrenee
    Options
    Good for you! I'm in a similar situation, I commute into DC every day from VA and it takes anywhere from 1-2 hours each way, depending on traffic. I set my alarm early in an attempt to get up and get my work out in before I start my day but I normally snooze through it :ohwell:

I'm going to keep trying though!
  • JenS2009
    JenS2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya. I was having a hard time walking right after work because it shot my chances of doing anything that night (would have to get ready for a second time that day). I was too tired to wait til after dinner to walk... so I have been getting up a 5am and walking for 30 minutes every day. Yes, monday through friday. ughh. I'm down some pounds, so it's working. :)
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Good for you. :happy:

As of this morning I started doing a small work out in the morning and my treadclimber in the evenings. The only problem is I have to get up at 4:00am in order to be able to workout before work. :frown: About 4 or so months ago I was getting up at 4:00am to work out but I had to stop that because I was getting way to tired during the day. So hopefully it won't be like that this time.

I read an article in Cosmo about how it is bad to get up early to work out in the mornings because your body wants to go to sleep a few hours after working out so you end up more tired during the day. Not sure if that is true. Just something I read.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    great job! everyone who works out in the morning definately have the advantage of being able to relax in the evening after work and not worry about getting to the gym or working out. feels great. also forces me to get to bed early around 10pm sometimes 9pm which gets rid of late night snacking. just make sure u stop eating 2hrs befoer u go to sleep!
  • wattsam1
    Options
    I still need to try morning workouts. I work out right after work in the afternoons. I started this when I used to work 40 minutes away from home and by the time my workout was done traffic had cleared. Now that I work much closer I go in the afternoons as a way to waste time while my husband is working and on his commute home. Sometimes it dosen't work so well when you're so exhausted and all you want to do is go home and nap on the couch!

I think I might try an am workout tomorrow.

Does anyone do an am and pm workout? If so, how long do you go each time?
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I still need to try morning workouts. I work out right after work in the afternoons. I started this when I used to work 40 minutes away from home and by the time my workout was done traffic had cleared. Now that I work much closer I go in the afternoons as a way to waste time while my husband is working and on his commute home. Sometimes it dosen't work so well when you're so exhausted and all you want to do is go home and nap on the couch!

I just started today with doing an am and pm workout. This morning I got up at 4:00am and did a weight lifting workout for abt 30 mins. and tonight I plan on walking on my treadclimber for 60 mins.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I do 1/2 hour cardio every morning. I'd be lost without it. Over the summer I got out on the bike a lot of mornings, but now that the days are getting longer I'm staying in the house and doing elliptical.

Wife and I are gonna try to do 30 day shred before work, but it'll take some schedule adjustment on both our parts. Early to bed, early to rise, et cetera et cetera,,,
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options

I do 30 minutes cardio in the morning, then have morning shower and start my day. Then 3 days a week I also do a weights routine in the evening. 5 minutes cardio to break a sweat, then 45 minutes of heavy iron. 2 showers on weights days - I think I'm gonna mildew. :laugh:
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    2 showers on weights days - I think I'm gonna mildew. :laugh:

That's what I hate about working out in the evening. I just want to shower once a day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!