Lunch and Snack Ideas

Options
Hello everyone,
I'm trolling for some new lunch and snack ideas. My stomach is getting very bored with what I put in it. Any suggestions?

Replies

• wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Lunch: All homemade - lentil stew, chilli con carne, quinoa salad, bean stew/soup, chicken curry, sausage casserole, spagbol.

Snack: sugar free jelly, rice cakes w/peanut butter/banana, orange/grapefruit segments with red grapes/strawberry along with some granola and blueberry yoghurt, low cal bars (about 100-130 cals each), crackers with low fat cream cheese.

HTH :-)
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My lunches are pretty boring right now - salad mix, tuna, dressing for the most part.

Snacks - string cheese, fresh fruits, greek yogurt, microwave popcorn (orville reddenbacher's simply natural - yum!), the occasional granola bar.
  • Tina1970s
    Tina1970s Posts: 62
    Options
    These are a couple of my favorites :
    Low Fat String Cheese
    Special K Crackers with Laughing Cow Cheese
    Apples with Peanut Butter
    Sugar Free Applesauce
    As far as lunches I eat a lot of the smart ones and lean cuisines because you can have a wide variety or choices
  • JoannaKemmerer
    Options
    I have been trying out and enjoy black bean burgers and/or quinoa/sweet potato burgers. I have tried several variations and they are all delicious. Let me know if you would like my recipes. I try to keep lunch at 300 or under. Of course, there is always the soup options - I make homemade tomato soup, turkey chili and clam chowder (all low cal)!!!!! I am totally in to trying new recipes on the weekend for the week's meals so that I don't have to think about it when lunchtime rolls around - Plan ahead - it has saved me from making the wrong choice several times!
  • ThickNThunda
    ThickNThunda Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have been trying out and enjoy black bean burgers and/or quinoa/sweet potato burgers. I have tried several variations and they are all delicious. Let me know if you would like my recipes. I try to keep lunch at 300 or under. Of course, there is always the soup options - I make homemade tomato soup, turkey chili and clam chowder (all low cal)!!!!! I am totally in to trying new recipes on the weekend for the week's meals so that I don't have to think about it when lunchtime rolls around - Plan ahead - it has saved me from making the wrong choice several times!

I would love for you to send me some recipes. That sounds good.
  • Code2fornow
    Code2fornow Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Me too!!!
  • Code2fornow
    Code2fornow Posts: 56 Member
    Options

OH THESE RECIPES TOO! Delicious!
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    me too.... me too :)
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    and me!!!!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My new favorite snack that has also substituted for a lunch is: (this is all together)

Snack size packet of Reduced Fat Cabot Cheddar Cheese (the 50 calorie packs)
    2 Tbsp. hummus
    Baby Cut Carrots
    Pretzel Crisps
    Grapes

Keeps me full for a long time....and I have no guilt! :)

I also make Black Bean Burgers and have those with a side of guacamole, baby tomatoes and a tangerine!! :)
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I'd love the recipe for sweet potato burgers!
  • latinlady435
    latinlady435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I need ideas as well :)
  • inkydnk3
    inkydnk3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would like the recipes too please:)
  • osucristinamo
    Options
    My all time fav snack is a pb banana wrap. Spread pb on a ww tortilla, top with sliced banana and cinnamon and rolled up! yumm!!!
  • shaedreams
    shaedreams Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For all of you peanut butter eaters, try PB2, it's natural, healthy, low fat/calorie and IMO tastes better than peanut butter!