My Self Esteem is Shot

Options
I am feeling really defeate lately.
I have been on so many interviews and nothing!!! No one calls back, no offers, nothing. Then I thought I would try selling candles as a side job until something else comes along. Well, I schedule my debut candle party, sent out over 40 invitations and only 5 people show up!!!! What is wrong with me????
I am just very down right now. I am feeling so defeated!!!

Whew! Just had to get that out of my system!!!

Memaw

Replies

• chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with you :flowerforyou:

You happen to be interviewing in the toughest job market in 26 years. You are among millions of others going through the same thing... And your candle party, think of the time of year. More than likely its that people are using any additional money to buy gifts for the holidays, and the rest of the people just don't have any money. :ohwell: It's sad but true.

Keep confident that you are not the problem. You seem to be a very nice person that is in a bad way right now. Stay strong and good will come to you. :drinker:
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :smile: Don't let this get you down, it is the economy not you!!:smile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    dont let it get ya down memaw! nothing has come along yet that is 'meant to be'! you are out there and trying, it willl happen! :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • joturbin
    Options
    I know how you feel - although I am still employed I have been looking for a new job for over 2 years. I have had my hopes crushed over and over - going on multiple job interviews only to be told someone got the job. It hurts, you wonder - what is wrong with me? What does that person have that I don't.? :brokenheart: it hurts so much - you feel so inferior. You're not alone, its happening to so many other people right now.

Everybody always tells you to hang in there, be strong, etc...and you just want to tell them to shut up, they don't understand. There's nothing I can say that will make everything better, just keep doing what your doing, get up every day and try. Things will eventually change - just not in the time frame you want it to. :flowerforyou:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I always tell people.... when I stop working for myself I'm gonna do something that doesn't require anything but talking....hence...

Phone Sex:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hope that brightens your day memaw
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I tried that. Turns out nobody wants to talk dirty with a pudgy D-bag from Ohio. Dangit,,,

My wife hung up on me, and my daughter only texts now. :indifferent:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Chgudnitz got it right. To give you an idea of how bad it is in one of the worst cities in America (Los Angeles) in the past month, my husband has applied for over 700 jobs. Granted these were all cold call resumes (because there are no job listings at all for his industry with the market so down) and do you know how many emails/phone calls he got? Not a single one. Well, except for the dozen or so that let him know they weren't hiring - they were letting people go!

Point is, you are definitely not alone! And there is certainly nothing wrong with you! We are actually having to move across country in about a week because he has a job offer through a family connection. It's BAD right now, and it might remain that way for quite some time - but it DOES have to get better.

I would suggest to anybody having financial woes (or anybody period) to read Robert Kiyosaki's books on financial freedom. They've definitely given me a new outlook on money and what I can do to get some. :bigsmile:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Yeah, I tried that. Turns out nobody wants to talk dirty with a pudgy D-bag from Ohio. Dangit,,,

My wife hung up on me, and my daughter only texts now. :indifferent:

Your Tickle my Funny Bone...Hope Memaw gets a chuckle even if it's a lil Smile:tongue::heart: :tongue:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    It's not you Memaw, it's the economy. It'll get better, but it's gonna be really tough out there for a while. Just keep pecking away at it. Like the proverbial blind squirrel, you too will someday find a nut. :bigsmile: