New member - HI!

Options
I am a 49 year old mom with my own business who has gained slowly over the last twenty years and really fast over the last year (50 lbs!). That was after the sudden death of my mom and I think the weight gain may be the result or at least influenced by my being on Paxil, the antidepressant which has really helped me regain my equilibrium.

Any support I can give I will be happy to give, and any support I receive will be warmly appreciated. I just want to stop gaining and start losing, slowly and consistently.

Replies

• SKINNYPIG
    Options
    I am a 49 year old mom with my own business who has gained slowly over the last twenty years and really fast over the last year (50 lbs!). That was after the sudden death of my mom and I think the weight gain may be the result or at least influenced by my being on Paxil, the antidepressant which has really helped me regain my equilibrium.

Any support I can give I will be happy to give, and any support I receive will be warmly appreciated. I just want to stop gaining and start losing, slowly and consistently.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Lol, that is a great screen name!

Here to help SP! best of luck. You will love it here, it is a great little community of like minded people!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi Skinny! You are going to love it here. Remember to DRINK YOUR WATER!!!:drinker:

Happy Friday!
  • SKINNYPIG
    Options
    Thanks for your message! I feel better already!:smile: How long have you been a member and how has it helped??
  • SKINNYPIG
    Options
    Wow, this is great! Two messages five minutes after my post!:smile: Thanks so much! Will remember to drink water - it's not a problem when I exercise, especially in the summer. My problem is Starbucks - I think I am addicted to the sugar in the venti mochas I can't seem to stop drinking. Any ideas??? It's my comfort food (drink).
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Member since September, this site gives me not only the motivation when I am feeling a little weak, but it gives me a way to track my goals, which is huge.
  • SKINNYPIG
    Options
    Yeah, I love the tracking, too.:smile: Now need to get some work done, talk to you later. Thanks again for being so welcoming.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... mochas are so tasty. I'll tell you my trick with coffee and you can see if you think it might work for you. I make my own coffee at home because I drink a lot of it in the mornings. I have fallen in love with the sugar free creamers. The brand I usually buy is International Delight, and there are 2 variations of the sugar free- Vanilla and Hazelnut. They are both SO GOOD. The sweetness and the creaminess of the flavors really satisfy that craving for me, and then I don't need the chocolate from Starbucks. Try it out and see what you think. It might work.

Best of luck and welcome aboard!
  • SKINNYPIG
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I always try to duplicate the mocha at home with other less caloric ingredients but then I break down and go for "the real thing". But I will keep trying :smile:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hey Skinny,
    Sorry for your loss... I think you've come to the right place though!

As for your Mochas... I am a former Barista so believe me, I feel your pain of addiction to the java!
    katiechakos' idea for fat free creamers is great. I do that now too. Just think of the money you can save to buy your new wardrobe when you are at your goal weight!!!

If you must have the "real thing" they have fat free milk and sugar free syrups that you can indulge in. Have you ever tried the Fat Free/Sugar Free Dulce de Leche Latte? It's to die for!!!

Have a great day!!!
    Angela :flowerforyou: