at a plateau

Options
nomatter what i do, i cannot drop more weight. i lost 29 1/2 pounds since june, and now i have reached a plateau. any suggestions

Replies

• chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Keep doing what got you to this point. It happens to most people.

Have you adjusted anything since losing the 29 pounds or are you still on your original calorie, exercise plan?
  • aliciaroberts
    Options
    Do you drink whey protien??
    My friend hit a MAJOR plateau and then started drinking every morning and that helped her to bust through her plateau. I have drank Weider Fruit Splash Whey Protien since I started my weigh loss and have not hit a plateau yet.... It gives you energy and kick starts your metabolism... and it doesn't taste too bad either... I learned about it on The Biggest Loser... I have lost almost 45 pounds since April 21st and I give a lot of the credit to Whey Protien... I also make sure I change up my fitness routine often... For example one morning I do Turbo Jam, the next morning I go Power 90 Fat Burner express and then the next morning I run.... The art of muscle confusion...LOL
    Another person suggested to me to use measurements rather then an actual scale.... not a bad idea I guess...
    Anyway I hope that some of these suggestions help and good luck on busting through that plateau :)

243464.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    Just do everything different. Change your meals around, eat a little more one day versus another day. I agree with the whey protein, I added that and it helps.
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    chgudnitz makes a good point - if you lost 30lbs - and you were at 200 before...thats 15% body weight - and at your new weight you would need less calories to sustain that weight - meaning less calories to lose additional weight. Also - if you are using an HRM at all you have to adjust the weight there too - or it will calculate more calories than you actually burned so you may be assuming greater calories lost through exercise and then eating more calories than you should.