30 day shred question

Options
Just wondering what weights you all use for this programme?

Thanks!

Replies

• AbbeyRysMom
    AbbeyRysMom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start it tomorrow, and plan to use 1lb weights. When I do a second round, I plan to increase to 5lb or 8lb weights. I'm super out of shape and am hoping to just get through the 30 days in one piece, rather than go crazy. So if you're not new to exercise, I'd definitely use 5+ lbs :)
  • bloomiesgirl
    bloomiesgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Depending on the exercise, I use 3lb or 5lb weights.
  • rwisner
    rwisner Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    5lb
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I only had 5lb weights at the time and they seemed to do just fine, depending on arm strength I would dare to go all the way to 8lbs though
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Depending on the exercise, I use 3lb or 5lb weights.

Yep...me too. There are some I just cannot swing with the 5lb so I pick up the 3. I started with 2lb the first time I did it. It's a great program, good luck!
  • jaguilar333
    jaguilar333 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    2 lbs or 5 lb weights, depending on the exercise. I keep both sets handy and change them accordingly to what I'm comfortable with.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I was using 3kg now i am back down to 1kg lol!!!!!! i will build up again!
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Some of the exercises I use 1.5 and others are 5, but that's all I have. If I had some 3lb weights I'd use those instead of the 1.5
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The lowest weights I own are 5 lbs so I've been using those. Glad you asked this though because using two 5-lb weights has been KILLING me and I've been wondering if I'm using the wrong size.
  • NordenJenn
    NordenJenn Posts: 82
    Options
    I swap between 5lb and 8lb depend on which exercise it is
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i started with 2lbs weights n finished with 3lbs...now im strong enough for 5lbs weight.
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    I started out with 5 lbs and moved up to 8s 11 days in. You should increase in the smallest increments possible for best results. Just change it up when you feel like you're not getting a good workout anymore!
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I use 3lb.
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm using 1.5kg, which is about 3lbs. My arms are ridiculously weak, but on day 10 getting much stronger.

Impressed by everyone lifting 5lbs, it's amazing to me! :)
  • VanGroovyBear
    Options
    I use 3lb....will move up to 5lb when I buy some ;)
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I do 5 and it seems like plenty for some (shoulders) but for chest stuff I would prefer 10s.
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The first time through I used 2lb weights, second time through used 3lb weights. In between first and second times I would use 2 or 3 depending on the exercise. Some of them I could use a heavier weight I'm sure...but not for some of the Level 2 exercises...those KILL my arms!
  • rosedraven13
    rosedraven13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I first started I used 5's, but I was already exercising regularly with other videos. Now I use 8-10 Ibs.
  • hopeandlove91
    hopeandlove91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do 3lbs. If you are just starting out that is what I would recommend! I could use 5lbs for level 1, but for level 2 using 5 lb weights might kill me!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    When I started out I used 1lb weights but since then I've done the whole program and P90X and Turbofire and when I do the occasional 30DS, just to mix things up, I find that 5lbs work better for me.