Disabled/physical problems (title to long to fit) brides etc

Options
angelraguel
angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
disabled/physical problems/fertility probs and brides to be? Am new and trying to find people in the same circumstances as me :)

Hiya

I am new to my fitness pal and I am ideally looking for people in the same boat as me. I am temp disabled at present and also have many health problems so exercising is difficult for me and It would be great to be friends with people who also have this issue, as dieting with limited exercise can get very frustrating and I would like to learn how others in my boat cope. I feel a bit panicked by a few friends I already have on MFP as they seem to be excerising everyday but a couple of times a day and now i feel even more lazier than i already did lol!! I can not physically do anymore than 1 lot of exercise a day even once is difficult.

I am also looking for people who have loads of ibs to lose around 80ibs, So that I can find friends who are in this for the long haul as it were lol. The last sort of people I am looking for is brides to be as I am getting married next year and I think it would be nice to meet other brides to be as this could help me stay on track more (dress fittings etc) piccys maybe of dresses etc.

hope I havent bored anyone or been too selective, but I do believe it would be easier for me to be friends with people who have similar probs or goals :))) Thanks

Replies

• angelraguel
    Options
    no one with physical problems?
  • angelraguel
    Options
    really could do with some help and advice from people with physical problems like myself to see how you excerise and what you do :). anyone ?
  • snowqueen75
    snowqueen75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have Multiple Sclerosis, only exercise I do atm is Physio as I find exercises too much. I am using a ms dvd which is for ppl with disability's to do at home..Its not very strenuous so its really ideal for me...For the bride.I am already married lol
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I really hope you meet some people with similar situations like you are in. I tried to see if there were any others on here who had a mechanical heart valve and only had one person respond. It is nice to know you aren't the only one in certain situations. I am not disabled but do not have the physical stamina I had before the open heart surgery.
  • starrybay
    starrybay Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello! I do not have any of those issues, but I did search the forums to see if there are message boards that already exist for exercise ideas with different abilities. I found some, so I think you should take a look there :) I searched "disability" and a few threads came up that could be useful to you.
    Hope that helps.

P.S. Congratulations on your engagement :)
  • FearTheFool
    FearTheFool Posts: 29
    Options
    I have M.E or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I'm not sure if I'm the kind of friend your looking for because at the moment I'm having a good stage. It could flare up at any moment though and some days are obviously harder than others. As well as loosing the weight I'm attempting to keep mine in check by exercising. I have a Wii and the games Walk It Out and Just Dance are proving to be excellent motivators for me; at the moment I'm trying to do an hour a day but I know that if I can't manage that at least it's in my own home and I can collapse on my sofa!

I'm also getting married at some point. Financially we can't afford it yet, but we're in the stages of thinking about things we'd like and then when I get my new job we'll start saving up and planning in earnest.

I've not sent you a request because I don't know if I am the kind of person you are looking for really (I might not have enough physical problems and that's cool) but if you do want to be friends I'll gladly accept a request.
  • angelraguel
    Options
    YEY!!! Finally lol. Thank you guys so much. Yes I am looking for people who find it difficult to exercise for many different health problems like M.E and heart probs etc. Am just trying to find out how people exercise when they have health problems. I love the friends I have already made on MFP but i feel really bad about myself when they have wrote how much excercise they have done when I either havent done any or Ive done some buts its so little. lol.

Its great to hear about people in a similar circumstance. Thank you to everyone who has posted the links, I will go check them now xx
  • snowqueen75
    snowqueen75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel when it comes to the exercise bit, as my walking is not that great..I lose my balance..I do try tho. But unlike physio I have a bar to hold on to where at home I dont. The fatigue makes it worse for me and the heat where I just flop on sofa and stay there!!! Very fustrating as I used to be very active, used to go clubbing and do 10 hours worth of dancing now I can hardly walk 40 yards without feeling like I have run a marathon. ;(
  • angelraguel
    Options
    added you snow =]

anymore people who cant manage physical activity very well, would love a few more people to share there ideas on how they excerise etc :)
  • angelraguel
    Options
    still on the hunt for more people with physical problems that make thier weight loss goals harder and to see what excerises you do etc :)
  • furby1
    furby1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on site now for about 8 weeks and understand why you are looking for friends in a similar situation, but I do know that you will get lots of encouragement from many many others who aren't :)

I have been classed as disabled for many years, I have Dercums Disease of which the main physical issue is Fibromyalgia, I also have spinal stenosis which gives me chronic sciatica and my back frequently locks and goes into spasms. At the moment I also have a trapped femoral nerve which is giving me a lot of pain.

Although I am classed as being almost 7 stone overweight (for my 5ft 1in height) I have decided to split my goals so that it will be hopefully easier to achieve, and will give me a sense of achievement when I do so. I am therefore firstly trying to loose 2 stone and have already lost 9lb of that.

Exercise is def a problem, but have started going to a beginners pilate class which is very easy on my back, and my doctor has got me into a local 12 week programme run at a health club which is specifically for disabled people ( and we only pay a 3rd of the normal price). I have also bought on ebay a stationary bike and am just about managing to do 2 sessions of 15 mins a day. Sometimes I cannot go on it at all, but its there for when I can.
    I would be very happy to have you as a friend if you wish to send me an invite...good luck :)
  • angelraguel
    Options
    bump =]
  • angelraguel
    Options
    anyone else have any physical problems big or small which affects there excerising regimes?
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    I do not have a physical problem, and to be honest I do try doing some form of workout once a day. HOWEVER! I am a bride to be and love talking all things wedding :)
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think you will find many people with different physical limitations. The trick is to focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

For me anyway, I spent years saying that I couldn't do things because of my knees. When I had arthroscopic surgery about 7 years ago the surgeon came in and said "Your knee was a mess". He was able to help the cartilage tears, but the acl was torn through and through so without reconstruction, that's the way it's going to stay. He told me that I would be a good candidate for knee replacement in 15 years.

Fast forward to today. I'm over 60 pounds lighter, and am signed up for a 5k mud run next month. I'm still leery of twisting, jumping type movements with my crappy knee; but I'm trying different things and finding that I can do a lot more than I ever thought possible.