Pixie Cut on larger women?

Options

Replies

• littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I am of the general opinion that bigger women shouldn't have short cuts....but having said that I have seen the odd one look absolutely perfect in them.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm a hair stylist.
    Generally I would say keep it longer in the front to frame your face and create shape. Larger women generally suit that more than a harsh cut that doesn't frame the face. Without the frame you may make your face look rounder than you're hoping for.

Without seeing you in person it's hard to say, I am just generalising from what I have experienced in the past.

But this all depends on what YOU want. We're just there to give you our advice but ultimately do the style that you want, ask your stylist before you get it done to see what he/she thinks would be best for you personally. :):)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the shape of your face more than your body. Pixie cuts don't look good on all thin women either.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Do what YOU want, because in the end, its all that matters,
  • kittymeeowmeeow
    kittymeeowmeeow Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've seen pixie cuts work on women of ALL sizes! Growing it out is a ***** though :)
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I went from really long hair to suuuuper short, while I was pregnant. I regretted it so much. I feel like the fact that I was bigger made it not look as good... Now that I'm losing weight I feel like it'd be a better time to try the pixie cut again, but now I'm too scared too.

If it's what you want, and can see yourself having, go for it!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    As someone mentioned, I agree that having a short hair style is dependent more on your face shape & texture of your hair than whether you large or small. I've seen some really cute short cuts on women of all sizes. As someone mentioned above, ask your hairdresser for advice. Also, there are other short styles to consider, so don't limit yourself to a pixie cut.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, no they generally don't.

I'd agree. It sort of makes the face look bigger on a larger women I find.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I think it is all in how you wear it - your attitude. It only matters what you think, you need to be happy. = )
  • IamKendall
    IamKendall Posts: 21
    Options
    I had longish hair and decided to cut it. I went pretty short - not pixie, but short.
    I HATE it. :sad:
    If you cut it and you hate it, it will grow back... but it takes soooooo long. AND it's got all these awkward stages again!

Definately talk to your hair guru before you do it... see what he / she has to say. I had gone to someone new when I did this...
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I thought about a pixie too, but in reading some stuff, the stylist mags say it is best on super petitie women. I went with short, but not pixie. I thought about shorter, but my hair stylist thought not, so I didn't. Good luck with whatever you choose.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the shape of your face more than your body. Pixie cuts don't look good on all thin women either.
    This! And I say if you want it, go for it. The worst that can happen is you don't like it and you grow it out. You'll never know if you don't try.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    How about an a-line? Longer in front, short and layered in back. That might help your face look narrower, since it sounds like that's your concern.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I love the red hair and think it would be really cute if you did a long pixie... you know, longer in the front, very angled. It all depends on the stylist and how they take your face into consideration. I'd bet you have the face for it, though.

I'd rather start with a long pixie, almost bob, and then go short from there .. I'm thinking something along the lines of this, though:

Choppy-Hairstyles.jpg

JMO, but I would cry if some hairdresser did that to my hair.

lolol me too!

really depends on the shape of your face

Too short for my face, but I think it's really cute!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Oh, another tip: if you are not sure how short to go, do it gradually. Maybe go to the shoulder first, then chin, etc. You can always go shorter as you get used to it and like it, but it'll take a long time to grow back out if you don't.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Whether or not it will look good is more a question of your facial features than your size. If you are nervous, start with an angled bob instead. It is short in back and longer on the sides and can be with or without bangs. I say go for it. Its just hair. It will grow back if you don't like it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I personally, I've never regretted cutting my hair short. I've never been pixie-short, but every time I cut my hair above my shoulders, I wonder why I ever grew it out.
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've got a pixie cut and love it. I'm a little over 200 lbs 5'6" but I have a oval face. I've been told by many folks it makes me look slimmer and it brings out my eyes. This picture is okay, but doesn't do the cut justice.

My thought is this, it's just hair, if you don't like it it'll grow back. As someone else said... It's all in the attitude. Life's too short to be timid, take the bull by the horns and have fun!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I'm overweight and have a pixie cut. I can't stand my hair long. My hairdresser says it looks good on me and I've had strangers complement my hair.

It's not really so much about having that cut on a large woman, it's how it looks on you in general. Some women can rock it, some can't regardless of weight.
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on the shape of your face and your preferences. I love short hair and love pixie cuts. It is a pain to grow them out though, I am growing one out now. With that being said, I love the sassy short hair style. I recently had super long hair, and when I had my second baby, I just didn't have time for the work of long hair. It took so long to wash it and even to brush it. So I went short again. Love it. I also love to play with color and shorter hair makes it much easier.

11490831.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools