Best late-night snack?

Options
I usually get a little hungry right before I go to bed; we usually eat dinner between 6 and 8 PM and I go to bed anywhere between 1 and 3 AM. I've heard that it's not good to eat right before you go to bed, but I also know that it's not a smart idea to go to bed hungry (I mean, that one's just common sense). Any suggestions?

Replies

• DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    Low-sodium chicken broth usually does the trick for me :-)
  • Romeolo
    Romeolo Posts: 28
    Options
    Handful of almonds and water
  • abayj11787
    abayj11787 Posts: 5
    Options
    My favorite bedtime snack is a sugar free Popsicle...Blue Bunny Sugar Free Bomb Pops are my favorite. 20 calories and yummy. I can't eat anything with sugar two hours before bed or I wake up with a pounding headache and these work wonderfully.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Haggen Daas rocky road icecream.........love that stuff.
  • mollz28
    mollz28 Posts: 2
    Options
    The rocky road ice cream sounds delicious, but it sounds like a bad idea....
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I've been eating italian ice lately, they have sugar-free kinds but I'm not sure how healthy it is otherwise. I like it because it takes me a long time to eat cause it's so cold, and it makes me feel like I'm eating a lot more dessert than I actually am.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    If you have calories left, there is no reason why you can't eat them right before bed. I like to have a 100 calorie bag of popcorn. It's filling and keeps me busy for a while.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    popcorn (usually oil popped with my stove top popcorn maker) with a light sprinkling of salt. Whole grain fiber-y goodness and quite filling/low cal! just don't add butter :)
  • joyfoolous
    joyfoolous Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    my new favorite desert that tastes almost like it should be a million calories is

1 banana (I cut it up)
    A teaspoon of cinnamon
    A tablespoon of honey

Heat those three in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until soft

Add half a cup of frozen yogurt

Enjoy!!

I play around with the amounts but I think that's what it averages too

Around 200 calories

There's an app called healthy recipes that has a dessert section with a tin of things, 80 calorie cookies and all! I think its spark recipes.com