Just get up and go....

Options
...That's what everyone says to do. Once you start, you'll have energy. YET, I still can't. Or, rather, I won't. Not really sure. Every morning I wake up, and while lying there, I'm okay. I get up and begin the usual waking of the older kids, and getting them ready and off to school. By the time they're showered (ages 4 and 6, so I help them shower still) and dressed, I feel so sick to my stomach, I want to vomit, and there's a slight pain in my head that drives me nuts. It's like this every single morning. Even on the weekends. Eating only makes the nausea worse. So, after the kids get on the bus and all is quiet once more, I lie back down to settle my stomach. I began to think the whole thing was psychological. Though, I have done just what the subject says, and just got up and went. It didn't seem to help. During my morning walk I began to feel so dizzy I was afraid of passing out. Even though I forced down breakfast--despite the nausea. I started taking my Great Dane with me, because he's a marvelous dog, that walks right by my side, and never wonders---and if something were to happen to me, he'd run back home and make it aware to my husband--wonderful creature--needless to say, that didn't help. As far as it being a psychological thing, I figured a companion would help. Ease my troubles so to speak, on being out alone. The only one near enough to me is my mother and law, and she can't walk because she herself is dealing with these massive headaches due to an injury on her spine. So...what's left. The only thing I haven't tried is taking medication for whatever it is that's ailing me. But, how do I know what it is? My husband says I need to just go in the bathroom and force myself to puke when I feel like that. He thinks it's going to make me feel better. I refuse to however. I hate throwing up. Yucky. I have been to a doctor, and he doesn't know what's wrong. He says simply, "some people just aren't morning people". Like that helped. I had a CAT scan, and that turned up nothing. Except that I was missing a kidney. Who knew? I asked the doctor could the missing kidney attribute to all the nausea? "No" says he. So, now what? Where do I stand? Perhaps knowing that I am not the only one in the world out there with this problem would help. I seem to have failed to mention that, this has been happening to me since I was a teen. I don't drink, or smoke. Never have. It's not just something that's just started since I've gained, no...it began when I was a skinny little thing. Anyone out there have issues such as these? If so, what do you do for yourself when you need to "Just get up and go"?

Thanks everyone, and sorry my story was so long.

ALC

178464.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Do you have sinus issues? I ask this because my sis in law throws up every morning when she first gets out of bed. It is because she has sinus problems and all the drainage thru the night drains into her stomach and makes it upset. Once she gets up and vomits, she is fine. She has been to dr's too and they say that there is really nothing she can do to stop the drainage.

Hope this helps...sorry it's kinda gross.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I feel sick in the morning if I move before I eat. I have to walk to the kitchen grab a banana and then I can shower and dress. As soon as I get the sick feeling it stays with me the whole day. Maybe try eating and then waking the kids.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Get a second opinion
  • Amber42803
    Options
    That is pretty gross...but it's trying to help. Unfortunately (this is going to sound odd) I do not have sinus problems. I'm a rare specimen indeed. lol. Everyone I know has Sinus problems, all but myself and my oldest son. I don't even get allergies. Though at this point I wish I did, because it would explain a lot! Thank you though. You tried, and that's appreciated more than you know!

ALC

178464.png
  • Amber42803
    Options
    Get a second opinion

I should have mentioned that the reasoning for the CAT scan was because a 2nd doctor ordered it. He basically said he saw nothing in the scan, and didn't know why I was having these issues. I asked him, and my original doctor about the kidney, and they both said that had nothing to do with my issues. I don't think a third opinion would help...not with my luck anyhow...lol. Thank you though. It was great advice!

ALC

178464.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I was thinking sinus too! Allergies maybe make your sinus's worse? Also if it may be sinus try this: Put 3" to 4" blocks under the head of your bed, that way your head is elevated making drainage along with breathing to be better! Also do not drink any coffee till later after being up and moving for awhile! Hope we at mfp can help!
  • julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Something wrong with your ears, may be? they attribute to balance.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if it's possible you have ulcers? I had them for a couple of years and always felt horrible in the mornings, because my tummy was empty and my stomach fluids were making me queasy. I used to throw up exactly like morning sickness, but without the pregnancy. A hot shower made me so dizzy and sick, I had to lie down until I quit sweating and shaking. Another thing to check might be your blood sugar, I had problems with that too, which contributed to my morning ailments.

I learned self-hypnosis (for stress) and got my sugar under control, and now I don't have those problems anymore.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Maybe Equilibrum is off. You may need your ears cleaned and flushed out.
  • Amber42803
    Options
    Those last two really gave me something to consider. I think I'll toy with these and maybe talk to my doctor. Hopefully something will give this time around. Just knowing would be great. Thanks a million everyone!

ALC

178464.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Just a thought here, but could it be some sort of blood sugar issue? I know some people's blood sugar drops when they're sleeping (because they aren't eating and their body is not regulating it for whatever reason). Just something to think about...

Also, would it be possible to make an early morning doctor's appointment so that you could actually be there when you feel like this so they can take your blood pressure, measure your blood sugar, etc.?

I hope you feel better- I know how scary it is to not know what's wrong. :flowerforyou: