Introducing Myself

Options
Hello All My name is Heather I'm a twenty-nine year old mother of five and wife. Trying to lose all the weight that has followed me from child to child :( Wishing everyone good luck to all your goals. I know I'll need it.
Thank You all for taking time out of your days to meet me :)

Your Friend,
Heather

Replies

• linnyrhea
    linnyrhea Posts: 105
    Options
    Hello! I'm 28, mother to two small c hildren, I'm also trying to lose the weight that has followed me around for the past three years! Feel free to add me!
  • vlahan
    vlahan Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi, my name is Rose, I am a 59 year old married, retired Grammy of 2. I hope to lose 38 pounds to improve my health.
  • HeatherHarmon83
    Options
    Well nice to meet you both. I wish you both well on your weight loss :) My goal is 100lbs Hoping to be back to pre baby weight :) Good luck !!!
  • Helstern0318
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am losing my weight for the second time, I got 25 pounds from goal the first time and then had my second child. Now, starting again. ugh. But, Im looking for some friends! I have about 80 to lose. Nice to meet you all!
  • OasisintheDesert
    Options
    Hi, my name is Annette, I'm 50 years old, and the heaviest I've ever been, needing to lose at least 70 lbs. I have a few challenges to overcome or get around, but I'm ready to start doing that. I am over double my husband's weight right now. He just won his battle against throat cancer, and his passion to cook has helped him start to gain back his much needed weight....he needs high fat, I need low fat. Very challenging. I quit smoking 3 mths ago and gained about 25 lbs, but hey.....I'm a non smoker now after 35 years! Woot! I have painful arthritis in the knees and hips, my weight increase making the pain much worse and harder to exercise. But my overweight best friend just lost 20 lbs, so she is very motivating, and I am determined to make a good effort now.
  • NoSharpei
    NoSharpei Posts: 73
    Options
    :wink: Hey there Heather! Welcome to MFP. Joining is your first significant step toward achieving your goal and feeling GREAT! I had struggled with my weight for years.. Have a baby, gain some weight... Do some sort of course, put on weight... Now my kids are getting married soon, so I decided it is time to get serious! I don't want to be Mother-of-the-groom and the fattest person in the room! (I was at the engagement! Uggh!). I have found MFP to be an absolutely wonderful resource! My tips to success:
    * make MFP friends with some likeminded people.. The support you give and receive makes such a huge difference!
    * take it one meal at a time.. And allow yourself a little freedom to eat a bit "naughty" every now and again .. After all, this isn't a DIET, it's a lifestyle change
    * focus on the basics - 8 glasses of water, 10,000 steps and stick to your allocated calorie allowance each day.. If you do that, the pounds will start to fall off with little extra effort.. And your success wil spur you on to doing things you would never have thought you would do (e.g. I walk 6kms EVERY day at lunch, rain or shine... Where I used to just read a book at lunchtime)
    * track, track, track! Always record what you eat.. No matter what. This has been so powerful for me, and is really helpful in identifying you bad habits, and gently turning them into better habits :)

warmest regards
    Cheryl-Anne
  • erin4daniel
    erin4daniel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Annette,

I just wanted to congratulate you on a few things. First of all, thank God your husband is doing well after his battle with throat cancer! That's wonderful! I'm very happy for you both. Second, congratulations on quitting smoking! I understand that smoking is one of the hardest things to quit and so my hat goes off to you.

You have a lot of major life changes going on right now so one little piece of encouragement I would offer you is to not give up. If you fall down, get back up again and don't let road block discourage you. Fighting weight loss soon after quitting smoking is a lot to take on at once, especially with the eating changes you and your husband have been experiencing with your different needs.

Also, my friend survived throat cancer and got involved with the American Cancer Society's annual fund raiser. They walk or race for the cure and for each lap around the track they walk, they raise money for throat cancer. I thought it might be a great way for you and your husband to fight two things at once; throat cancer, and weight gain (hence the exercising around a track). If it's of interest to you, I'd google your local chapter, American Cancer society.

Best wishes to you and your husband,

Erin