FITBIT and MFP Synching?

Options
LilacDreamer
LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
my fitbit didnt give me a calorie adjustment on MFP yesterday or today...i dont understand whats going on.

In the past MFP said make sure the timezone is the same for FB and MFP, and i'm set to Eastern time on both.

I tried Re-synching it yesterday and today...but so far I still don't see any the calorie adjustment on my log, like I had on tuesday, monday, etc.

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    Options
    bump
  • mrmv
    mrmv Posts: 95
    Options
    Mine does that when I have not logged out for a awhile, try logging out and re logging in. Hope that helps..
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    Mine does that when I have not logged out for a awhile, try logging out and re logging in. Hope that helps..

Just logged out of both MPF and Fitbit. Still no adjustment.

This is really frustrating, I like seeing my numbers on my log.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Has your activity definitely exceeded your fitness level set here? If not you won't get the adjustment. Sometimes I get one early on in the day but it's disappeared by day's end after an inactive evening.
  • abasmom
    abasmom Posts: 49
    Options
    did u reset it...push the button on the bottom of the base...I had the same problem and once I reset it, it took a couple of hours and then it was synching again. I know its totally frustrating, I have to see my numbers or i go crazy :grumble:
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/303-i-didn-t-see-a-fitbit-adjustment-under-my-exercises-today-why-not
    I didn't see a FitBit Adjustment under my exercises today. Why not?

If your FitBit data suggests that you are using FEWER calories in a given day than our estimate expects, you will not see a FitBit adjustment in your exercise diary. We currently do NOT lower your calorie goal if your daily burned calories reported by FitBit are lower than our estimate.

If you are consistently seeing no FitBit adjustment, it may be a sign that your activity level, as recorded in your profile settings on MyFitnessPal, is set to too high a level. You may wish to lower your activity level by one or two settings until you find a setting that is conservative enough to begin showing a FitBit adjustment. It may also be a sign that you were simply less active on the day in question.

Also:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/314-how-can-i-verify-whether-my-fitbit-and-mfp-accounts-are-syncing
    How can I verify whether my FitBit and MFP accounts are syncing?

There are three data points that you can compare between your FitBit and MFP accounts to determine if your accounts are syncing properly.

These three items are FitBit Steps, FitBit Sleep Minutes, and the FItBit Adjustment (for calories burned).

You can see your Fitbit Steps and Fitbit Sleep Minutes in two places:

1. Under the "My Home" tab, click "Check-In". This will take you to a screen where you can enter in new progress measurements. This is where we record your Fitbit Steps and Fitbit Sleep Minutes. If you want to go directly to that screen you can go to this URL:

www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/check_in

2. You can see a graph of your Steps and Sleep Minutes by going to the "Reports" tab and choosing to graph "Progress". When you see the option to "Choose a Report" you can choose Steps or Sleep Minutes. This will give you a little graph.

(Note that if you do not attach your FitBit to the wrist band and set it to stopwatch mode when you sleep, you should not expect to see any FitBit Sleep Minutes data.)

If you want to verify that the Fitbit calorie adjustment is working correctly, you can compare two numbers, one on MFP (with a little math) and one on Fitbit.

If you go to this page on Fitbit (www.fitbit.com/activities), you should be able to see your total calories burned under the heading "Daily Totals". This is the total calories that your Fitbit believes you've burned for any given day.

If you go to this page on MyFitnessPal (www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals) you should be able to see our estimate for calories burned under "Your Diet Profile" --> "Calories Burned" --> "From Normal Daily Activity". This is the estimate we created for you based on your height, weight, age, gender, activity level, etc...

Add to this estimate any calories of cardio exercise you have logged for the day. If the Fitbit number is HIGHER than our estimate+exercise, we'll add a "Fitbit calorie adjustment" to account for the difference. If the number is LOWER, you will not see an adjustment for that day. The adjustment can be very helpful in fine-tuning your calorie goal, so if you're not receiving an adjustment on your active days, try lowering your "Activity Level" in your profile settings by one notch, to give the system room to adjust you "up".
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    Has your activity definitely exceeded your fitness level set here? If not you won't get the adjustment. Sometimes I get one early on in the day but it's disappeared by day's end after an inactive evening.

I'm set to sedentary on here, and ive been racking up 600-800 calories a day since i got my fitbit last week.

i havent even been given the early adjustment or any other adjustment since tuesday like i was getting. I was up all last night (didnt sleep) and expected an early adjustment...but saw nothing.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/303-i-didn-t-see-a-fitbit-adjustment-under-my-exercises-today-why-not
    I didn't see a FitBit Adjustment under my exercises today. Why not?

If your FitBit data suggests that you are using FEWER calories in a given day than our estimate expects, you will not see a FitBit adjustment in your exercise diary. We currently do NOT lower your calorie goal if your daily burned calories reported by FitBit are lower than our estimate.

If you are consistently seeing no FitBit adjustment, it may be a sign that your activity level, as recorded in your profile settings on MyFitnessPal, is set to too high a level. You may wish to lower your activity level by one or two settings until you find a setting that is conservative enough to begin showing a FitBit adjustment. It may also be a sign that you were simply less active on the day in question.

Yes, I'm aware but you can't get any lower than Sedentary which is what i am set to.

and "check in" lists fitbit steps and fitbit sleep minutes but there are no numbers listed there.
  • 1lizette1
    1lizette1 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am new to Fitbit so I'm just going to throw a couple of ideas out there :D
    Is your Fitbit battery low? Look on your Fitbit "dashboard" on the right, there's a battery meter there.
    Have you moved a lot today? Maybe you haven't moved enough for there to be an adjustment? I don't know you so please don't take offense. If you exercised today and you don't see an adjustment, there is difinitely something amiss.
    I think asking if you've had your Fitbit close enough to your computer is a silly question but make sure it's been close enough to the base and long enough for it to sync.
    I hope you get this resolved, I'm sure it's frustrating!

edit: I see that as I was typing this, others posted ideas so some of mine are duplicate. Sorry about that
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    I am new to Fitbit so I'm just going to throw a couple of ideas out there :D
    Is your Fitbit battery low? Look on your Fitbit "dashboard" on the right, there's a battery meter there.
    Have you moved a lot today? Maybe you haven't moved enough for there to be an adjustment? I don't know you so please don't take offense. If you exercised today and you don't see an adjustment, there is difinitely something amiss.
    I think asking if you've had your Fitbit close enough to your computer is a silly question but make sure it's been close enough to the base and long enough for it to sync.
    I hope you get this resolved, I'm sure it's frustrating!

Battery says medium
    I've walked a decent amount thus far
    and my the base station is plugged in to my laptop which is sitting on my legs (not my lap)
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    did u reset it...push the button on the bottom of the base...I had the same problem and once I reset it, it took a couple of hours and then it was synching again. I know its totally frustrating, I have to see my numbers or i go crazy :grumble:

I just reset it (used a sewing needle)

This is super frustrating...I'm addicted and i've only had it a week or so :\
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Is your FitBit account dashboard showing the same levels as the device itself? If not then try docking your FitBit to force a sync. If that's all working OK then it could be that the two sites just aren't talking to each other. Are you logging everything to one site or the other to prevent conflict?
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    Is your FitBit account dashboard showing the same levels as the device itself? If not then try docking your FitBit to force a sync. If that's all working OK then it could be that the two sites just aren't talking to each other. Are you logging everything to one site or the other to prevent conflict?

Yes the stats on the dashboard match the tracker.

I log foods on MFP and any non-fitbit activity on MFP, and MFP is supposed to track my fitbit automatically.
    I use the fitbit for steps/stairs and sleep
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    sigh...still nothing. very discouraging. contemplating selling my fitbit :\ (ok not quite at that point yet but argh!)
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    If you changed passwords on either account you will have to unlink and relink the accounts try clearing your cache and cookies as well,

Otherwise try the reset button as stated above. Good Luck!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's broke. I would take it back and get another one. It sounds like something just isn't working right.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    If you changed passwords on either account you will have to unlink and relink the accounts try clearing your cache and cookies as well,

Otherwise try the reset button as stated above. Good Luck!

I have re-linked it twice since yesterday.

I also hit the rest button 1 hour ago.
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    sigh...still nothing. very discouraging. contemplating selling my fitbit :\ (ok not quite at that point yet but argh!)
    Contact fitbit!!!
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    Contact fitbit!!!

I don't think they can help me because everything is working on their end...i think its something with MFP.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Did you see this too? Especially #4?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/314-how-can-i-verify-whether-my-fitbit-and-mfp-accounts-are-syncing
    How can I verify whether my FitBit and MFP accounts are syncing?

There are three data points that you can compare between your FitBit and MFP accounts to determine if your accounts are syncing properly.

These three items are FitBit Steps, FitBit Sleep Minutes, and the FItBit Adjustment (for calories burned).

You can see your Fitbit Steps and Fitbit Sleep Minutes in two places:

1. Under the "My Home" tab, click "Check-In". This will take you to a screen where you can enter in new progress measurements. This is where we record your Fitbit Steps and Fitbit Sleep Minutes. If you want to go directly to that screen you can go to this URL:

www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/check_in

2. You can see a graph of your Steps and Sleep Minutes by going to the "Reports" tab and choosing to graph "Progress". When you see the option to "Choose a Report" you can choose Steps or Sleep Minutes. This will give you a little graph.

(Note that if you do not attach your FitBit to the wrist band and set it to stopwatch mode when you sleep, you should not expect to see any FitBit Sleep Minutes data.)

If you want to verify that the Fitbit calorie adjustment is working correctly, you can compare two numbers, one on MFP (with a little math) and one on Fitbit.

If you go to this page on Fitbit (www.fitbit.com/activities), you should be able to see your total calories burned under the heading "Daily Totals". This is the total calories that your Fitbit believes you've burned for any given day.

If you go to this page on MyFitnessPal (www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals) you should be able to see our estimate for calories burned under "Your Diet Profile" --> "Calories Burned" --> "From Normal Daily Activity". This is the estimate we created for you based on your height, weight, age, gender, activity level, etc...

Add to this estimate any calories of cardio exercise you have logged for the day. If the Fitbit number is HIGHER than our estimate+exercise, we'll add a "Fitbit calorie adjustment" to account for the difference. If the number is LOWER, you will not see an adjustment for that day. The adjustment can be very helpful in fine-tuning your calorie goal, so if you're not receiving an adjustment on your active days, try lowering your "Activity Level" in your profile settings by one notch, to give the system room to adjust you "up".