What to eat to help with muscle pain

Options
ChantalGG
ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
I have completed 2 days in a row of exercise. I haven't done any physical activity in a while so i know i will be in pain tomorrow or the next day. What can i do or eat to help with the muscle soreness?

Replies

• VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Magnesium rich foods (chocolate, dark greens, nuts and seeds) or just magnesium supplementation, good for soreness
    Also foam rolling or rolling over a medicine ball works too to relieve knots
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
  • rebel9
    rebel9 Posts: 16
    Options
    Zinc helps speed up the healing process. I don't know for certain whether it works for sore muscles, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

I cut my foot extremely bad this weekend and the wound care nurse told me to take 100 mg of zinc everyday because it can cut healing time almost in half. Muscle is one of the things that I need to regrow in my foot, and there is really not much difference between the way that your body repairs sore muscles and what needs to happen with my foot (except that my foot has much further to go!).

Oh, and if you take a magnesium supplement make sure to do so at night. It makes some people extremely tired.
  • Mogwai1985
    Mogwai1985 Posts: 31
    Options
    Bananas, they are rich in potasium which will help with uscle pain. Also ake sure you include protein, that will help repair ripped/ torn muscle.