PB2

Options
Has anyone used PB2 Peanut Butter? How does it taste compared to low fat PB? I see it is a powder and quite pricey, but I dont want to spend the money if it doesnt taste anything like real peanut butter! If you make a PBJ sandwich with the sandwich thins bread, do you just mix the powder in with your SF jelly or do you mix it with water first? Any ideas or comments on this would be great!
Thanks a bunch!
Kelli

Replies

• cort330
    cort330 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bought it. Love it!
  • yadayadayada77
    Options
    Do you mix it with water to give it the peanut butter consistancy or do you mix it with straight into jelly?
  • cort330
    Options
    I add it to my afternoon, pre-run proteing shakes. 1 packet of Lean Body Chocolate protein powder, 2 TBSP of powdered peanut butter, 1 large banana. Blend with ice and water. Feels like I'm having quite a treat but it counts as my meal.

You can also mix 2 TBSP with 1 TBSP of water and spread it on celery or a banana.
  • susansmoaks
    susansmoaks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i love it, just had 2 tbsp with a banana, gives me extra protein for my workout
  • aaharrington
    Options
    For a PB & J, make sure to mix it with water first. I mix it up in a measuring cup, then spread onto whatever you want! I think it tastes just like regular peanut butter.
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    It's not exactly like real peanut butter, but OH BOY is it good. Instead of water I use a tablespoon of milk or almond milk to make it creamier. On sandwiches it tastes great! And in smoothies... and baked goods... and yogurt... and on ice cream. I love it.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    So far I've only used it in powdered form, in yogurt and over ice cream...but it's really good! I've stuck with "real" peanut butter when I want a sandwich/toast so I don't know how PB2 compares that way.
  • cort330
    Options
    It also tastes great in steal cut oatmeal.
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Ive only ate it in its powdered form..I keep forgetting I have 4 jars of it!
  • shyrina25
    shyrina25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    its so so so so good! i mix it with water. every morning i eat that with whole wheat waffle yum
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have a great recipe for "Cookie Dough Balls" that uses PB2. They're made with raw oats, and a couple other yummy ingredients. The recipe i use only makes 3 balls, which I like so that I don't eat a panful!

I also add it to smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt... Pretty much anything aside from reconstituted PB. :)

You can PM me for the recipe if you're interested.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    PB2 my way....2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon water + 1 teaspoon sugar free, no calorie hazelnut syrup (from Sams)...my oh my! Oh soooo good. I put mine on whole wheat toast.:love:
  • lindsayb0422
    Options
    Where can you buy this???? I love peanut butter!!!
  • yadayadayada77
    Options
    Thanks guys! You are the GREATEST with awesome ideas!!:flowerforyou:
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate the best. The plain does nothing for me...but the chocolate...yummmm :love: :laugh:
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    THAT CRAP IS NASTY!!

Just eat regular peanut butter, and deal with the fat. It's healthy fats anyway... and it's DELISH.
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have a great recipe for "Cookie Dough Balls" that uses PB2. They're made with raw oats, and a couple other yummy ingredients. The recipe i use only makes 3 balls, which I like so that I don't eat a panful!

I also add it to smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt... Pretty much anything aside from reconstituted PB. :)

You can PM me for the recipe if you're interested.

Would love the recipe, thanks
  • myrahonbarrier
    Options
    I love regular and chocolate...definitely mix it with water, I use just a tad less than a TBSP because I want it thicker. But so very good!
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I haven't found it locally, isn't it kind of expensive?
  • myrahonbarrier
    Options
    PB2 my way....2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon water + 1 teaspoon sugar free, no calorie hazelnut syrup (from Sams)...my oh my! Oh soooo good. I put mine on whole wheat toast.:love:

Is the hazelnut spread Sam's brand? now that sounds great!