Confessing my food sin

Options
Today was a weird day. I ended up having a really good and fulfilling breakfast and decided I was going to eat a much smaller lunch or have a mid day snack. I ended up getting so busy at work I accidentally skipped my mid day meal and didn't get to eat anything until I got home tonight at 7pm. Unfortunately, after the exhaustion of work, not having ate anything until the morning and a major headache, I was in no desire or shape to make dinner. Instead, I ordered Swiss Chalet, quarter chicken dinner, fries, the whole bit! I am not entirely proud that I ordered some greasy food, but then again, I have been extremely diligent about my food intake since I begun MFP. I have been losing weight consistently and I don't think this one bad meal will make me take steps back. I see it as more of a reward of being consistent and on track. So then I decided that after every 5 pounds I lose I will reward myself with some kind of food I love.

Do any of you have reward/ cheat meals, treats, or day?

Replies

• seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    We have cheat days here! Also, if I want something like ice cream, I eat it and log it. One bad meal is not going to kill your diet
  • lilbpixie
    lilbpixie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I think that if you deprive yourself of food that you love what is the point? Yes you will be at your goal weight but you wont be happy. Or worse you could binge on that food and all your hard work is out the window. So I say Good for you, you should absolutely reward yourself. I do it every day, I LOVE Oreo's and Whole Milk, and Reese's With Whole Milk; so I eat one OR the other almost every Week and It makes me happy ;):drinker: