pedometer tracking?

Options
Does anyone track their steps or calories burned from their pedometer? If yes, is there a way to add it to your daily excersize?

Replies

• penguin828
    penguin828 Posts: 14
    Options
    Good question! I dont know how to input my information from my pedometer either.....
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    You can add your calories burned under Exercise-My Exercise-Create Exercise, typing in the name, your weight, time, and calories burned.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    I created an exercise for pedometer download. The pedometer I have calculates the cals used too, so it's easy to log. I'm not very faithful on logging the exercise tough. I usually close my diary before I remember to log the days results. LOL
  • kbd388
    kbd388 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The only thing I use my pedometer for is to let me know how many calories I burned while walking. I love it! When I'm done I just add them into my diary.
  • ChelleChelle77
    ChelleChelle77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Get a FitBit, it automatically loads to the FitBit website then that website transfer it to MFP as exercise/calories burned
  • xRagster
    xRagster Posts: 27
    Options
    I use a FitBit, its AMAZING!
  • CLD79
    CLD79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Does FITBIT record other things than walking or running? I have been researching it and am wondering because I do a lot on the stationary bike and didn't know if it would capture that info.
  • Karen_ZH
    Karen_ZH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just started using a Fitbit this week....I really like the way it connects right to MFP (after I set it up, of course!).
  • BTag3
    BTag3 Posts: 14
    Options
    Get a FitBit, it automatically loads to the FitBit website then that website transfer it to MFP as exercise/calories burned

^^this^^

I have had a fitbit for about a week and I love it. I just use it for my daily activity and take it off when I exercise. I syncs with mfp and keeps track of my daily calorie burn and I add in my exercise calories to get the total. It's a lot of fun and helps me keep track of everything much better than pure guessing.
  • topcat1975
    topcat1975 Posts: 10
    Options
    The fitbit is probably the best amswer. I just got mine and it is really good. It updates your MFP diary constantly and it counts your steps as activities and increases your calorie count accordingly. The fitbit website also keeps track of the foods you log into your MFP account and lets you know if your in the right range. I did notice that the fitbit website gives you more calories to eat than the MFP one does but the MFP one works best for me so I use their recomendations, It is well worth the money!!!!!:smile:
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

^^this^^ I have had mine for about 10 days now, and I ALWAYS have an adjustment. I was gone for 3 days and I had an average of about 900 calories PER DAY in adjustments as soon as my fitbit and MFP synced. I set my activity to sedentary, and wear my fitbit every waking minute ( and sometimes the sleeping ones too).
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Does FITBIT record other things than walking or running? I have been researching it and am wondering because I do a lot on the stationary bike and didn't know if it would capture that info.

you have to manually override that time period as you don't have the walking motion to trigger the pedometer. When I log ANY activity, MFP now prompts me to record a start time and a duration. If Fitbit has calculated a bigger burn for that time period than what you have recorded, you get an adjustment under your exercise tab--I usually have 300+ calories a day there.