Blech...

Options
I'm just feeling really icky and even though I'm really sticking to my diet, I feel like I'm gaining weight. I've been conducting an experiment to show my husband how much weight fluctuates during the week, weighing myself every day (he bought a scale for the house :grumble: ), and it's really not doing me any good. I've gained about 4 pounds these past three or four days. Yuck. I think what's happening is that it's that time of the month and I'm gaining water weight and getting bloated and...just blech...At least I hope so. There's really no other explanation for gaining that much weight in three days when I've been sticking with my diet and exercising every day. Sorry...I just wanted to complain for a little while. No one else will listen and you guys are always so awesome when someone's down about what's going on...

Replies

• LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm just feeling really icky and even though I'm really sticking to my diet, I feel like I'm gaining weight. I've been conducting an experiment to show my husband how much weight fluctuates during the week, weighing myself every day (he bought a scale for the house :grumble: ), and it's really not doing me any good. I've gained about 4 pounds these past three or four days. Yuck. I think what's happening is that it's that time of the month and I'm gaining water weight and getting bloated and...just blech...At least I hope so. There's really no other explanation for gaining that much weight in three days when I've been sticking with my diet and exercising every day. Sorry...I just wanted to complain for a little while. No one else will listen and you guys are always so awesome when someone's down about what's going on...
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    that could be it i know im coming up to mine and starting to feel fat and the scales are moving up again and i have been so good. so will stop weighing now till after it finnishes .

im due for a weigh and measure at the gym just after it so hope its on time otherwise ill be late with my weigh in.
  • leblancb
    leblancb Posts: 47
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid checked?? That can hinder you from dieting, its hard to fight your body if your thyroid is out of wack.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I've had my thyroid checked, and everything is fine with it...I hope it's just icky time of the month syndrome.
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    My trainer told me that your weight can fluctuate as much as 5 pounds from water retention on any given day, not just when Aunt Flo comes for a visit:wink:
    He also told me that let's say i ate good all week then Saturday I have chinese takeout or pizza, the sodium will make me retain water up to 2 or 3 days after the meal, so if I weighed myself on Monday I could be VERY bloated, even Tuesday, he said it's worse 2-3 days after:grumble:
    The best way not to retain water is to drink plenty of it to help keep your body operatin productively, to flush out waht needs to go, etc.
    I use to weigh myself every day, sometimes before I worked out, after I worked out, , then went to one time a week, now not at all. I'm putting my focus on being fit and healthy not some number. I judge it by if my clothes are loose, tight or just right. When I weigh myself it is DEPRESSING, especially if I have been eating super clean and working out hard only to see the scale stay the same or go up(GASP). Even if I ran over 25 miles in a week and the scale went up it was like those 25 miles didn't exist. In my head I knew it was a good accomplishment and one stupid number flushed it down the toilet, so I have to look at it totally different. I lofg my food to keep me accountable for eating better . If I eat pizza and I log it in and I see how many calories I ate it motivates me to keep running.
    Patience is NOT in my vocabulary and I want to wake up every day and be smaller over night. This is also where I have to talk differently to myself-"lifestyle change, not diet, I'm healthy, I am eating better and exercising, this is not a short tem fix, this IS my way of life".
    I have to tell myself that EVERY day, several times a day, and it sounds so corny, it does work. We are too hard on ourselves. We expect perfection when perfection is unattainable.
    Sorry about the long post, don't give up, tomorrow is another day, and then there's the next day too:happy: